Mike Cassidy, a shareholder in the Tucker Arensberg’s Business and Finance Department, concentrates his practice in Health Care Law, chairs the firm’s Health Care Practice Group, and is a member of the Employee Benefits Practice Group. His practice as a health law attorney includes the fundamental business transactions relating to the formation and governance of healthcare entities. Mike has extensive experience in third party reimbursement, managed care contracting, fraud and abuse, Stark issues, medical staff, peer review and credentialing issues, corporate compliance, and tax exempt organization issues. Mike’s healthcare experience also includes HIPAA and HIT privacy and security issues, including serving as counsel for the Regional Extension Center (REC) program, and very active in PAeHI and the Healthcare Information and Management System Society (HIMSS) related projects.
Mike was named to the list of Best Lawyers in America® in 2009, 2010 and 2011 for Health Care Law, as well as one of Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers® for Health Care Law in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010. He received the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s “Excellence in Health Care Law Award” for 2003. Mike is the publisher of the Med Law Blog (www.medlawblog.com), the firm’s health law blog.
- The Progress and Promise of ACOs
- Pioneer ACOs Announced By CMS
- Are ACOs the Answer?
- Final CMS Accountable Care Organization Regulations Provide ACOs More Flexibility
- U.S. Physician Practices Spend Four Times As Much As Payer Administrative Money As Canadian Counterparts
- Healthcare Industry Groups Comment on EHR and Health Reform
- ACOs and Anti-Trust
- ONC Announces Open Public Comment Period on the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan: 2011-2015
- Reform Redux
- The Practice of Engagement