Thermogenic fat burning supplements are increasing in popularity. But with so many out there, which ones should you even consider buying?
Luckily for you, we have compiled a list of three of the most popular thermogenic fat burners currently available. We have picked these based on a few things: how safe they are, how effective they are, and how good of a deal they are overall.
So, if you are a fitness-minded individual and you are in the market for a high-quality supplement that can help you shed those last few pounds, just keep reading. We’re sure we will be able to help you make the right decision for you.
How did we Research this Article?
Unfortunately, we were not in a position to individually test each of these products ourselves. Instead, we have devoted a fair amount of online research to find out how these products work and what it is about the ingredients that make them suitable for their intended purpose.
When evaluating these products, we considered the following information:
- The manufacturer’s claims about the product’s effects
- The variety of ingredients in each product
- Whether artificial ingredients were used or not
- Whether or not it caused side-effects
- The price of individual containers
- Any available discounts or bulk deals
- Whether a money-back guarantee is available
- Whether customer testimonials were favorable
Best Thermogenic Fat Burners of 2020
In this article, we are going to look at three of the most popular thermogenic fat burning supplements currently available: PhenQ, Instant Knockout, and Hunter Burn.
All of these products promise to help you lose weight through three means: by increasing your metabolic rate, suppressing your hunger pangs, and boosting your energy levels. The difference is in the ingredients each product uses to do so.
We will give you a comprehensive review of each supplement, which will include a basic overview of the supplement, its list of ingredients, the supplement’s unique features, and its pros and cons.
We will also include a few customer reviews for each product to give you a better idea of what people’s overall impressions of these products are.
PhenQ is the first product that we will be reviewing today. PhenQ is manufactured by Wolfson Berg Limited, an Australian company.
PhenQ is marketed as a general health supplement, as opposed to Instant Knockout, which is marketed more towards bodybuilders. However, all three products on this list have essentially the same effects, and you can read the full PhenQ review here.
- Capsimax – Capsimax is an extract made from hot peppers. Hot peppers contain capsaicin, which is the active component that gives these peppers their characteristic spiciness. Capsaicin is thermogenic, helps your metabolism function properly, and helps your body release its stores of fat for energy use. Capsimax is made so that you get all of the benefits of capsaicin without any of the usual burning sensations.
- Chromium picolinate – Chromium picolinate is a form of chromium, a mineral that humans need small amounts of in order to be healthy. Chromium helps your body process more fat and sugar, making it easier for you to lose weight.
- Caffeine – Caffeine is a well-known stimulant that occurs naturally in many food items, like chocolate and coffee. It is a popular additive to energy drinks and weight loss supplements for this very reason. Caffeine gives you more energy and helps you feel more alert, and also acts as a mild appetite suppressant.
- Nopal cactus fiber – Cactus fiber, in general, is known to be a useful weight-loss tool. When eaten, the fibers attach themselves to dietary fat in the digestive system, preventing it from being absorbed by the body. The fat, along with the fiber, passes through the digestive system and is evacuated without being used.
- L-Carnitine fumarate – L-Carnitine is an amino acid found in some of your body’s muscles. It helps transport fat more effectively throughout the body, where it can then be utilized by the cells that need them. L-Carnitine fumarate is a synthetically produced version of this amino acid.
Features & Benefits
The five ingredients contained in this supplement work efficiently together to deliver the desired effects. Unlike the other supplements which contain more ingredients, PhenQ manages to produce the same effects with a minimal number of ingredients.
Including fewer ingredients in the formula also decreases the risk of possible side-effects. Even though all of these products are designed to be as safe as possible, certain medications or allergies can cause unexpected reactions to things that are otherwise safe. Fewer ingredients ultimately mean less risk of this happening.
Pros & Cons
We will now take a look at the pros and cons of this product compared to the other products on this list.
- A short, simple list of ingredients
- Free worldwide shipping
- Offers the best deals for bulk purchases
- 100% vegan formula
- No side-effects
- Only a 67-day money-back guarantee
- Some synthetic ingredients
Now, let’s look at some user testimonials and see what customers thought of this product. These testimonials were available on the official PhenQ website and are from real users.
“I have two kids, and I couldn’t even run with them in the park anymore as I would get tired very fast due to my weight. I ordered PhenQ to help me out and created a schedule of what I had to do every day. After a month, I started seeing results, and in 5 months with PhenQ, I went down two sizes and lost about 20 pounds!”
-Valerie O., 31
“My name is Axelle. I bought a box of PhenQ and used it for just over a month. My objectives were simple: lose belly fat and love handles, get a bit more strength and be in the best shape possible! Combined with a diet change and some exercise, so far, I lost nine pounds in one month with the help of PhenQ!”
-Axelle W., 22
#2. Instant Knockout
Our next supplement on this list is Instant Knockout. It is distributed by Roar Ambition Limited, a company based in England.
Instant Knockout is marketed towards people who are interested in bodybuilding for fitness reasons.
It included a fairly long list of ingredients (relative to the other supplements on this list), which may offer you some additional benefits on top of the expected weight loss benefits.
- Green tea extract (500 mg/serving) – Green tea is filled with polyphenols, which are nutrients that can help you with weight management, digestion issues, and cardiovascular diseases. It also contains tons of antioxidants, which help protect your cells from damage.
- Cayenne pepper seeds (100 mg/serving) – Cayenne pepper seeds contain capsaicin, which, as we already know, is excellent at boosting your metabolism. Cayenne pepper is an excellent food item for inducing thermogenesis in your body.
- Glucomannan (1800 mg/serving) – Glucomannan is a type of dietary fiber derived from the konjac plant’s root. Because fiber passes through your digestive system without being digested, it can help you feel full longer after eating. Glucomannan also helps prevent the body from absorbing sugar and cholesterol in the gut.
- Caffeine powder (300 mg/serving) – Caffeine powder, also known as caffeine anhydrous, is basically just a concentrated form of caffeine. The energy boost caffeine gives you can help you exercise for longer and harder, helping you burn off more fat.
- Vitamin B6 (5 mg/serving) – Vitamin B6 is also known as pyridoxine. It is a vitamin found in many common food items, such as poultry, fish, bananas, potatoes, and chickpeas. Vitamin B6 is vital to the healthy development of your brain. It also keeps the nervous system and the immune system functioning well.
- Vitamin B12 (10 mcg/serving) – Vitamin B12 is also known as cobalamin. It is also a common vitamin that is found in meat, fish, poultry, and dairy products. It is essential in maintaining some of the body’s most vital processes, including the formation of red blood cells, the production of DNA, cell metabolism, and nerve functionality.
- GTF Chromium (100 mcg/serving) – GTF chromium is another type of chromium. GTF stands for the “gluten tolerance factor.” The main difference between GTF chromium and other kinds of chromium is that GTF chromium is better at being absorbed by the body.
- Zinc (10 mg/serving) – Zinc is an essential mineral that is found naturally in some foods and is added as a supplementary mineral to other food products. Zinc plays a role in how the body processes carbs, fat, and proteins. The more of these things your body can process, the more weight you will lose.
- Piperine (10 mg/serving) – Piperine is a component found in black peppercorns. Piperine doesn’t have any inherent effects, but it can enhance the absorption of other active substances in the bloodstream, making this supplement even more effective.
- Green coffee bean extract (100 mg/serving) – Green coffee beans are just raw, unroasted coffee beans. Green coffee beans contain chlorogenic acid, a substance that slows the release of glucose into the body after you eat and prevents weight gain.
Features & Benefits
Because of Instant Knockout’s relatively long list of ingredients, there is a greater possibility that there may be something in the formula that doesn’t agree with you. However, all of the ingredients are derived from natural sources, so nothing in the formula is inherently unhealthy.
In addition, the wider variety of ingredients may offer you other benefits than just a more active metabolism and increased energy. Some of the ingredients, like vitamins B6 and B12, are beneficial to your brain and nerve health as well.
In summary, this product’s list of ingredients may be long and complicated, but it may also be the healthiest supplement of these three overalls.
Pros & Cons
We will now look at the advantages and drawbacks of this product compared to the others.
- Lowest price per single container
- Worldwide shipping
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- All-natural ingredients
- No reported side-effects
- Has the longest, most complex list of ingredients
- Most limited number of payment options
Next, we will take a look at some testimonials of Instant Knockout’s effectiveness. These testimonials were also gathered from the official website for this product.
“I’ve previously tried other fat burning supplements, but none of them have even come close to achieving the results I got with Instant Knockout. Before I started using it, I struggled to lose weight, and I didn’t have any energy. Instant Knockout got me out my rut.
While I was taking Instant Knockout, I didn’t have any cravings for junk food, and when I did have meals, I stayed full for longer. I did my best to adhere to a healthy diet and went to the gym two or three times a week. The pounds started falling off, and since then, I have lost 30 pounds and also lost many inches from my waistline.”
-Chelsea M., 24
“I tried many other fat burners before and didn’t see much progress until I found Instant Knockout. I just finished taking it for a month, and I’m already shedding pounds. Instant Knockout is definitely not a miracle drug.
I also do a high-intensity workout around three to four times a week for about 15 minutes each time. But one thing I can tell you for sure is that these do give you a nice energy boost and really help satisfy your appetite, so you don’t feel like having as many extra snacks.”
-Jordan S., 26
#3. Hunter Burn
Hunter Burn is the final product we will be reviewing today. It is also distributed by Roar Ambition Limited.
In some ways, Hunter Burn is the middle ground between the two other supplements. It doesn’t contain as many ingredients as Instant Knockout, and it shares some of its ingredients with both of the other supplements on this list.
Like PhenQ, Hunter Burn is marketed more as a for-all-audiences type of health supplement.
- Glucomannan (3000 mg/serving) – Like Instant Knockout, Hunter Burn also contains glucomannan to help control your food cravings and prevent your body from absorbing excess sugar and cholesterol.
- White kidney bean extract (500 mg/serving) – White bean extract prevents your body from processing too many carbs. It can help stop you from gaining weight.
- Cayenne pepper (125 mg/serving) – Again, like Instant Knockout, Hunter Burn contains cayenne pepper extract for its thermogenic and fat-burning effects.
- Matcha green tea (200 mg/serving) – Matcha green tea is a particularly strong form of green tea. Matcha tea leaves are grown differently from other tea leaves in such a way that it causes them to produce more chlorophyll and amino acids.
- L-theanine (200 mg/serving) – L-theanine is an amino acid found in tea. L-theanine has a calming effect on the brain, without inducing drowsiness. It can help prevent you from stress-eating if you are in the middle of a challenging diet.
- Vitamin D (2010 mg/serving) – Vitamin D is an essential vitamin that we get primarily from sunlight. Almost half of the population worldwide has some degree of vitamin D deficiency. Having enough vitamin D in your system can help prevent obesity.
Features & Benefits
Hunter Burn doesn’t necessarily have any more or fewer benefits than any other supplements on this list, which makes it slightly harder to evaluate here. If anything, it rides the middle ground between the other two supplements in terms of ingredients variety and the exact method by which it works.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t ride the middle ground in terms of price, being slightly more expensive than either of the other two options. One would probably assume this is because each container of Hunter Burn contains the most capsules of these three supplements. However, each container of Hunter Burn will only last you a month, just like the other supplements on this list.
Hunter Burn is still a viable option if you need an effective thermogenic fat burner, so don’t discount it just because of that.
Pros & Cons
Next, let’s look at the pros and cons of this product and see how it stacks up against the others.
- All-natural, a shortlist of ingredients
- Worldwide shipping
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- All-natural ingredients
- No side-effects
- The most expensive option of these three supplements
- You must take six capsules a day
Finally, we will look at some of the testimonials that customers have given to Hunter Burn’s effectiveness. Like the other testimonials in this article, these were all taken from the official product’s site.
“I’ve been using Hunter Burn for about two months now, and I’ve already lost 17 pounds! I just take two tablets half an hour before all of my meals, and the formula does the rest of the work.
I don’t feel hungry all the time now, so I’m not eating nearly as much, which helps me stick to a healthy diet. It also gives me energy during the day, which is amazing as I used to feel exhausted all the time. That, plus the extra weight loss, has me feeling like I’m 25 years old again! In short, I am a very satisfied customer.”
-Raymond O., 44
“I’m glad I purchased Hunter Burn; it’s been an excellent product so far! One of the most impressive things about Hunter Burn is that my hunger pangs have decreased by a significant degree. I especially notice this late at night when I tend to snack on junk food and other things that compromise my diet.
I work out every day, and after using this product before my workouts, I’ve noticed a definite change in how I feel physically. I can tell for sure that I’ve toned up and gained some lean muscle mass. But at the same time, I can feel the fat melting away, and I can see a clear difference when I look in the mirror!”
-Paul T., 39
What Is Thermogenesis, and Is It Safe?
Now that we have discussed the best supplements for inducing thermogenic weight loss, we should talk about what exactly thermogenesis is and how it can help you lose weight.
Thermogenesis is the process in which the cells generate heat by metabolizing fuel sources. All living things produce some amount of heat as a result of their metabolism.
Because your body needs to metabolize energy to cause thermogenesis, this means that thermogenesis burns calories even when your body is at rest.
The amount of calories that your body needs to sustain its most basic of functions is called your base metabolic rate, and it has been proven that thermogenesis affects your body’s base metabolic rate.
Thermogenic fat burners like the ones listed in this article use natural stimulants to increase your body’s base metabolic rate, which allows you to burn more calories even when you are not engaged in physical activity.
Of course, taking thermogenic supplements and exercising will give you even greater weight-loss benefits, but you will definitely notice some minor weight loss after taking these supplements even if you don’t accompany them with regular exercise.
So, to answer your question: yes, thermogenesis is completely natural and safe! Thermogenesis is a process that already occurs naturally in the body, so all these supplements are doing is stimulating your metabolism to be more active.
As such, it isn’t entirely accurate to say that thermogenesis helps you lose weight; rather, these supplements cause your body to burn more fat, and thermogenesis is a byproduct of burning that fat.
Also Read: Best Fat Burning Supplements
Beginner’s Guide to Thermogenic Fat Burners
Each supplement you buy is going to be slightly different, and thus each one must be used slightly differently. Before using any of these supplements, make sure you’re following the manufacturer’s recommended guidelines for usage.
However, no matter what thermogenic fat burning supplement you’re using, the one consistency between all of them is this: none of them are miracle drugs.
In order for them to be truly effective, you must partner them with a healthy diet and regular exercise. If not, the changes that happen might be so small that you won’t even notice them at all.
And no matter how natural and safe a supplement may seem, always consult with your doctor first before starting a new supplement. You may have some unique dietary needs that you might not be aware of, and a doctor can help you know for sure if these supplements are right for you.
Here, we’ve compiled a list of some of the more common frequently asked questions that people tend to have about thermogenic fat burners in general.
Do Thermogenic Fat Burners Even Work?
Thermogenic fat burners do work, although it is not as simple as just taking them. While thermogenic fat burners do increase your metabolic rate and help you burn more fat, their overall effects are very small unless you are also exercising and eating right.
Are Thermogenic Fat Burners Safe?
Thermogenic fat burners are generally very safe to use. In rare cases, people experience some side-effects after taking thermogenic fat burners, but usually, these symptoms are pretty mild.
The most common side-effects people report after taking thermogenic fat burners are nausea, constipation, stomachache, and headaches.
I Hear Thermogenic Fat Burners Make You Poop A Lot, Is This True?
It is true, and that’s partially how they work, to begin with. The high fiber content in a lot of these supplements is designed to trap excess dietary fat and help it pass through the digestive system without being processed.
So, you’re basically pooping out all your extra fat. If this sounds particularly unappealing to you, you may wish to avoid these supplements.
When Should I Take Thermogenic Fat Burners?
You should always follow the manufacturer’s recommended serving instructions, as these can vary slightly depending on what supplement you’re taking. In general, though, you should take your thermogenic fat burners before eating breakfast or before starting a workout.
Will Thermogenic Fat Burners Actually Make Me Feel Physically Hot?
You might be wondering whether or not the rise in body temperature will be high enough for you to actually notice.
In all likelihood, you probably will notice yourself feeling hotter after taking a thermogenic fat burner, and you may even sweat a little. Worry not though; it’s just the supplement doing its thing.
Conclusion: Should You Get These Fat Burners?
So, what supplement of these three should you be buying? Well, really, it depends on what you personally are looking for in such a supplement and what your own buying preferences happen to be.
If you are concerned primarily about getting the best deal, then Instant Knockout is the best supplement for single container orders, and PhenQ is the best supplement for bulk orders.
If the price doesn’t matter and you want a supplement with a shortlist of natural ingredients, Hunter Burn is the choice for you.
All of these products have their advantages and disadvantages, so it’s ultimately up to you to decide what is really going to be worth your money.
Whichever supplement you pick, however, you are pretty much guaranteed to be getting a product that is effective at what it does and healthy for you to boot.