Weight management without any aid can be tough. That’s why many people also welcome supplements to help them attain their ideal body weight. Ketone supplements are gaining popularity nowadays, but can this type of supplement really help you lose weight?
In this post, you’ll understand what keto supplements are, and whether it can help a person lose weight or not. In this way, you’ll have a better idea of how to effectively manage your weight and help you make an informed decision when buying.
What Are Keto Supplements?
Ketone supplements are made of a combination of artificial ketones, sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, producing ketone salts that come as powder, drinks, or are contained in capsules to make pills.
Keto supplements are also called exogenous ketones, in which supplement manufacturers produce ketone salts. They promise to boost a ketogenic or low-carb diet to help a person lose weight. But how can keto supplements promote weight loss?
Keto supplements contain powerful ingredients, such as electrolytes, digestive enzymes, and fatty acids not just to help you lose weight, but to also boost your immunity and improve your overall health. Choosing high-quality keto supplements gives you peace of mind as these are safe sources of the product that can help you attain your weight loss goals.
Ketone Supplements Help Boost Metabolism
With a ketogenic or low-carb diet, maintaining this diet may help regulate the body’s higher metabolism, thereby resulting in more weight loss compared to other diets. So, is it effective to add ketone supplements to help boost your metabolism?
Regardless of your activity level, the Basal Metabolic Rate or BMR reflects the number of calories the body burns per day. Including keto supplements to your ketogenic diet allows you to lose weight with your metabolism or BMR staying pretty much the same.
Here are the good-to-know facts and findings of a study to prove that a keto diet can help maintain your metabolic rate:
- There are 20 male respondents in this recent study in London, and their resting metabolic rate was observed as they proceeded undergoing a ketogenic diet for four months to lose weight.
- Despite decreasing 45 pounds, the male respondents in the said study showed almost no changes in their metabolic rate, which isn’t related to an increase in thyroid hormones, sympathetic tone, or other factors.
- A very-low-calorie ketogenic (VLCK) diet is effective in long-term weight loss because of muscle mass preservation and the maintenance of resting metabolic rate or RMR, which refers to the total number of burned calories when the body is at rest. It supports breathing, blood circulation, and promotes proper organ functions and neurological functions. RMR is directly proportional to your lean body mass, which decreases about 0.01-kilocalories per minute for each 1 percent increase in your body fatness.
Keto Supplements Help Compensate High Carbohydrate Intake
It’s still tempting to eat high-carb foods even if you’re on a keto diet. For a person who is not into the ketogenic diet and wants to lose weight but still consumes foods with carbohydrates, taking keto supplements can help.
Keto supplements help inhibit the effects of high carbohydrate intake, helping you lose weight. In this way, ketosis still occurs with the presence of ketone salt in the body, boosting your metabolism. It converts your stored fats into a reliable source of body energy and helps you lose weight at the same time.
Lose Weight by Choosing the Right Keto Supplement
The keto diet is a great diet that aids in weight loss. However, there are common side effects associated with a keto diet, such as headache, nausea and vomiting, dizziness, insomnia, fatigue, constipation, and decreased exercise tolerance.
Generally speaking, these common side effects are referred to as the keto flu. One way to avoid the keto flu is by taking keto supplements. But how do you determine if you’re buying high-quality keto supplements?
Here are some tips and tricks when buying the best keto supplement for you:
- Be Mindful and Check the Label: High-quality keto supplements contain powerful ingredients that can help you avoid the keto flu and let you replenish lost nutrients brought about by a low-calorie diet. That’s why you have to read the label before buying one.
- Know the Benefits of Each Ingredient: It pays off knowing what each ingredient can do to your body. For instance, ketone supplements contain medium-chain triglycerides or MCT from coconut oil, a type of fat producing ketone bodies, which helps increase the blood’s ketone levels to help in weight loss.
- Get to Know the Ketone Supplement Manufacturer: Aside from the ingredients, it’s also important to get to know the manufacturer or seller of the ketone supplement. This step is done to ensure that you are taking a completely safe ketone supplement. Contact the customer service of the company and ask relevant questions, such as the source of ingredients and certifications of the product.
Improve Physical and Mental Performance
Choosing keto supplements without added sugar, fillers, or carbs can help you lose weight by being able to concentrate on your workout training. This is because supplementing your diet with exogenous ketones can help decrease inflammation and improve your memory, mental performance, and athletic performance.
Here are some tips when taking keto supplements:
- Dosing: Take the recommended dose indicated on the label of the keto supplement. While keto supplements are generally safe, you should never overdose or underdose to ensure you attain your weight-loss objectives without risking your health and safety.
- Actionable Steps: Ketogenic diet and keto supplements should be empowered by regular exercise, enough rest and sleep, and other lifestyle modifications. Smoking, alcoholism, and stress can affect your metabolism and health, so ensure that you maintain a healthy lifestyle for your keto regimen to be effective.
Keto supplements can definitely help a person lose weight. It is because the resting metabolic rate is maintained, as well as the lean muscle mass. Without a reduction in metabolism, your body continuously loses or burns fat to help you shed some pounds.
Bear in mind that keto supplements are not magical, standalone drugs that you can take to burn your fats. You also need to work and do your part by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Take keto supplements and eat a balanced diet, have adequate rest and sleep, and exercise.
Throughout the year, our writers feature fresh, in-depth, and relevant information for our audience of 40,000+ healthcare leaders and professionals. As a healthcare business publication, we cover and cherish our relationship with the entire health care industry including administrators, nurses, physicians, physical therapists, pharmacists, and more. We cover a broad spectrum from hospitals to medical offices to outpatient services to eye surgery centers to university settings. We focus on rehabilitation, nursing homes, home care, hospice as well as men’s health, women’s heath, and pediatrics.