Do you feel like you’re just stressed out and need help getting your chill back? Getting quality sleep at the end of a long, hard day at work can be really hard if your system just won’t settle down.
Or maybe you’re feeling a little low and worn out, and want something to perk you up for that study marathon or night shift at work.
And even if you’re feeling pretty good, a little extra energy and focus, plus more relaxed evenings and sleep, never hurt anyone.
Kratom can help you get there, so without any further ado, here are our top 3 recommendations if you’re looking for good quality Kratom to buy.
- TGM (Golden Monk)
- Kats Botanicals
- Kraken Kratom
So how did we develop these three products as the best on the market?
Don’t Buy Inferior Kratom!
Kratom is becoming ever more popular as an alternative solution to pain management, and some people also use it to enhance their mood and quality of sleep.
An extract made from the Kratom plant leaves also seems useful in helping people wean off of opioid drugs.
All this has resulted in companies that sell Kratom sprouting up faster than mushrooms.
Everybody wants a share of the profit; unfortunately, some care about their profits much more than the quality of what they’re selling.
There are some things you can look at to help make you select the best Kratom products on the market, and here are some points we looked at when making our decision:
- What strains of Kratom are being provided and how pure they are
- Brand reputation: some are more popular and better known than others
- Whether there is customer care, and how good it is
- Shipping, returns and refund options
- Independent user comments and reviews
We didn’t simply look at what each brand’s official page is saying, either. We went through plenty of scientific literature to get our facts on Kratom straight: what it is, how it works, and if and when it can help you.
By the time you’re through with this article, you’ll have much more than just the best 3 Kratom vendors on the market. You’ll also have all the facts on when to use Kratom and what it works for best, as well as how best to consume it.
We tossed out a lot of poor-quality products during our selection process, leaving only genuine, good-quality Kratom vendors on our list.
Top 3 Best Kratom Vendors
#1. TGM (Golden Monk)
The Golden Monk is a bulk Kratom supplier based in Las Vegas, Nevada. The brand aims to provide premium quality Kratom to its customers at an affordable price.
Approved by the American Kratom Association for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), the brand’s focus is to always deliver consistent quality in all the strains of Kratom it carries.
This vendor carries a good selection of Kratom strains and vein colorations, so you won’t be left wanting for choice. Their Kratom is available in both powder and capsule form, so you can go with what you prefer.
- Several strains of Kratom available in green-vein: Bali, Borneo, Hulu Kapuas, Sumatra, and Malay.
- The wide selection of Kratom strains available in red-vein: Bali, Bentuangie, Borneo, Hulu Kapuas, Indo, Sumatra, and Thai.
- Some white-vein Kratom strains available as well: Bali, Borneo, and Sumatra
- Maeng-Da, the most popular and traditional strain of Kratom, is available in all three vein colorations; red, white, and green.
- Many of the strains are available in capsule form as well. It is an excellent option for anyone that doesn’t like the smell or taste of Kratom.
- TGM does third-party lab testing to ensure top quality for its products, and the company is happy to provide the results on request.
- All TGM Kratom is sourced in Indonesia, from trusted farmers with whom the brand has built a solid relationship over the years.
- Shipping within the US is free for all orders over $50.
- TGM offers a money-back policy so you can buy and test their Kratom risk-free.
- Top-quality Kratom in several strains, lab-tested for quality and consistency
- Great selection of popular and more rare Kratom strains
- Discounts available
- Excellent customer service
- Money-back policy
- Doesn’t ship to some destination, including parts of the US
- Shipping is not free if your order is less than $50
TGM is a very popular Kratom vendor with hundreds of comments and reviews on their various Kratom products available to read through.
Most reviews are overwhelmingly positive, with customers praising the friendly and efficient customer service, affordable prices, and hassle-free returns and exchanges.
Regarding Kratom’s effects, users have talked about various experiences, including getting relief from muscle and joint pains, insomnia, and anxiety.
#2. Kats Botanicals
It is a brand that deals in several natural plant extracts popular in alternative medicine, and Kratom is just one of the products they carry. Kats Botanicals is popular with users because it provides affordable quality.
When it comes to Kratom, this brand offers some interesting options, including crushed leaf powders and soap. And because their products are tested by an independent third-party lab, you can trust that you’re getting only the best.
- Several Kratom strains available in green-vein: Bali, Brunei, Hulu Kapuas, Maeng Da, Malay, and Sunda
- Many red-vein options available as well: Malay, Borneo, Horn, Maeng Da, Bali, and Sunda
- White-vein Kratom is an option too: Bali, Hulu, JongKong, Maeng Da, and Sunda
- Some specialty blends are available in both red and green vein colorations. It is an interesting option if you are looking to maximize particular effects.
- Sample packs containing several strains can be purchased. These are a great way to try Kratom out if you’re new to this plant.
- Crushed leaf Kratom and Kratom soap are also available.
- All Kratom is tested by a third-party lab for quality and consistency
- Free shipping is available on all orders over $100
- 30-day money-back guarantee ensures peace of mind when purchasing from Kats Botanicals
- Good quality Kratom, third-party tested for quality
- Various strains available in various vein colorations
- Specialty blends available
- Economical crushed leaf Kratom is an option
- Kratom soap is available
- Discounts available
- Excellent 30-day money-back policy
- No Kratom capsules. Only powder is available
- Shipping is not free unless your order is larger than $100
- Doesn’t ship to some US destinations and several countries in the EU
Kats Botanicals has a solid reputation with clients for providing good quality Kratom and other plant-based products at affordable prices. Users like the large selection of Kratom strains and vein coloration, saying it gives them the choice they need.
Several of Kats Botanicals specialty Kratom blends have received raving reviews. Customers have noted that in many cases, they are more effective than the pure strains at providing the desired effects, including relief from pain and insomnia.
Many users are also big fans of the crushed leaf Kratom because it can be reused when brewed as a tea, allowing you to squeeze the most out of your money.
#2. Kraken Kratom
Kraken Kratom is one of the best Kratom Vendors that delivers a wide range of the purest and most potent strains of kratom. Whether you’re looking for a red, white, or green-vein strain, you’ll find what you’re looking for from Kraken Kratom. Their different strains and vein colorations are organized by origin, so it’s easy to browse through the large selection.
It offers powders, capsules, tablets, and liquid extract. If you like to mix kratom with your favorite drink, then powder will be a great choice for you. In case you prefer a pre-measured or mess-free option, then go for tablets and capsules. The liquid extract is a best pick for all those people who want to make a kratom tea.
- Bali Kratom in red, green and white vein. Bali Kratom is considered to be among the purest of Kratom breeds and is known for its high quality.
- Borneo Kratom in red, and green vein. It is a classic strain of Kratom, liked for its relaxing effect and pleasant scent.
- Maeng Da Kratom is one of the best-known and most potent strains of Kratom on the market. This traditional strain is offered in ultra-enhanced red, red, and white vein.
- Malay Kratom is another very popular strain of Kratom because of its versatility and potency. It is available in green and ultra-enhanced green vein.
- Money-back guarantee
- Several popular strains available
- All strains come in different vein colorations.
- Kratom available in powder, capsule and liquid extract form
- Product bundles available
- Money-back guarantee
- Reasonable prices and offers
- Website is easy to function
- They do not offer a lot variety in capsules
- The prices are a bit high
People that have bought products from Kraken Kratom have liked the brand’s great customer service and no-questions-asked money-back guarantee.
Several users have commented that the Kratom they have purchased here has been of excellent quality and effective in helping them alleviate pain, insomnia, and anxiety.
Many people have also noted that they purchased Kratom to help them deal with addiction to opioid drugs, and they got the help they were looking for.
Kratom Buying Guide
When it comes to buying the best quality Kratom, it’s important to understand what it is, how it works, and the different strains and colorations available on the market.
Once you have a handle on all the important information, it becomes easier to select the right kind of Kratom for your specific needs, so that you get the results you’re looking for.
So before going into a checklist of the key things to look out for when shopping around for your Kratom, let’s take a look at the facts behind this amazing plant.
How Does Kratom Work?
To understand how best you can use Kratom and what it can help you with, it’s important to understand how it actually works.
We dug into the scientific literature and pulled out all the facts, which we will now share with you here.
Exactly What Is Kratom?
Kratom, biologically known as Mitragyna Speciosa, is an evergreen tree belonging to the coffee family. It is native to South East Asia and is currently cultivated or grows wild in several countries, including Malaysia, Myanmar, and Thailand.
There are several different strains of the plant available; each one reported to have somewhat different properties and effects.
Kratom Strains Are Divided Into Three Broad Groupings.
We’ve already mentioned that there are several different strains of Kratom available on today’s market. They can be broadly classified into three groups:
- Slow strains are believed to provide the most relief from pain, as well as a feeling of euphoria. They may also help with improving the mood and your overall sense of wellbeing.
Think lazy day lounging on your couch, watching re-runs of your favorite Netflix series.
- Fast strains are the exact opposite of the slow ones. They may provide a little bit of relief from pain and anxiety, but the effects will be more toward getting you motivated, alert, and super-energized.
Think of it as a good, strong cup of coffee before a long night shift, study session, or the gym.
- Moderate strains are somewhere in between the fast and the slow ones. They’ll get you feeling more energized and motivated, but won’t feel overpowering or leave you jittery.
The moderate strains also provide considerable relief from pain, leave you feeling euphoric, and improve your mood. But they won’t carry you as far as a slow strain unless you take a lion-sized dose.
Think of this as a cup of green tea rich in caffeine, but diffused with a calming shot of chamomile.
Red, White, Or Green-Vein Kratom?
Regardless of the strain, Kratom is labeled and sold as red, green, or white-vein. How do these colors come about, and what do they mean?
Interestingly, Kratom plants themselves do not come in separate colors: they’re plain green. The different colors on the stems and leaf veins result from the light spectrum that the Kratom plant is exposed to.
Red light produces red veining; blue light gives green veins and white light results in white veins. So you can actually get different-color veining on the same tree by applying different lighting on different sides!
The difference in coloration translates to a difference in chemical composition as well, so the different strains are used for different purposes.
- Red vein Kratom contains a lot of 7-hydroxy mitragynine, which is why it is preferred for relaxing muscles and relieving pain. This strain is popular in supplements intended to provide a natural alternative to pharmaceutical pain relief.
It is also valued for its calming and soothing effects. Its sedative properties are used to improve sleep by people suffering from insomnia.
Red vein Kratom is also used by people to combat addiction to opiates and prevent the side effects of withdrawal.
- White vein Kratom is considered to be the most stimulating and euphoric of all three strains. It is an effective stimulant that improves mood, boosts energy levels and motivation, and improves focus and alertness.
People suffering from anxiety, depression, and moodiness may find white vein kratom beneficial.
It may also help you when you’re feeling sluggish or fatigued, clearing mental fogginess, and sharpening your focus.
- Green vein Kratom is considered to be somewhere in between the red and white veins, with properties that reflect a mixture of the two in varying degrees.
The green vein will act as a stimulant, but a mild one in comparison with the white strains. At the same time, it will carry the sedating and euphoric effects of the red strain, but to a lesser extent.
The green vein is thought to be a more balanced option that does not result in heavy sedation or excessive stimulation. People use it to relieve pain without worrying about feeling lethargic or drowsy.
It may boost your energy levels, sharpen focus, and improve concentration at the same time, allowing you to perform better throughout the day, be it at work or at home.
As you can see, there are three different categories of Kratom, as well as three possible vein color variations for each strain. Each one will be unique in its effects because it will have a unique chemical composition.
What Are The Active Ingredients In Kratom?
In simple terms, it is the alkaloids in Kratom that are responsible for its effects on the human body.
Kratom is reported to have several effects, including:
- Analgesic (pain relief) effects
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- May act as a muscle relaxant
- Behaves like a stimulant in small doses
- Behaves like a sedative in larger doses
When taken in smaller doses, Kratom tends to act like a stimulant, inducing sociability, alertness, and giddiness. A small dose of just a few grams can produce effects within a few minutes, and they can last up to one and a half hours before wearing off.
Larger doses of Kratom result in an entirely different effect, behaving more like a sedative. A dose of 10-25 grams can induce feelings of calmness and euphoria.
Benefits Of Using Kratom
Kratom has been used medicinally for centuries in several parts of Asia, but modern-day medical science is yet to fully understand this plant and how it interacts with the human system.
Research is still ongoing, and the FDA has not yet approved Kratom for use as a medicinal substance. But results from studies are slowly trickling in as usage of the plant gains momentum.
This plant has many reported benefits, including:
- Relief from pain and inflammation
- Improving mood and bringing about a feeling of euphoria
- Inducing calmness
- Acting as a muscle relaxant
- Increased focus
- Improved concentration
- Improved alertness
- Helping with withdrawal from opioids
- Boosted energy levels and stamina
Some users have also reported that Kratom has boosted their libido and enhanced their sexual performance, but these claims are relatively few.
How To Use Kratom?
The leaves of this plant are dried and crushed to produce an extract in powder form. This powder may be taken as is, or further packaged:
- Kratom powder can be swallowed down as is with some water
- You can also pour some hot water over the Kratom to brew a tea
- Some manufacturers will package the powder in capsules or tablets, especially if it is combined with other plant extracts
- Kratom paste is less popular but is also available on the market
Potential Side Effects Of Using Kratom
Kratom has been used for centuries in alternative medicine, but how it works in the body and what effects it has is not yet fully understood.
Research is still underway, and results are inconclusive, but some users have reported side effects, especially when Kratom is used long-term and in higher doses:
- Loss or lack of appetite
- Severe weight loss
- Discoloration of the cheeks
- Lethargy and drowsiness
Who Should Use Kratom And Who Should Not?
There is much that is not yet known about Kratom, for example, if and how it interacts with other substances, especially medication, and how it may affect people with specific illnesses. It’s important to keep this in mind when using this plant extract.
For Safety Reasons, Avoid Using Kratom If:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are on medication that Kratom may interfere with
- You are suffering from a medical condition that using Kratom may worsen.
- You are under 18 years of age.
If you have any doubts or concerns, or if you start using Kratom and find yourself experiencing adverse side effects, we recommend you get advice from your doctor as soon as possible.
Which Type Of Kratom Should I Buy?
That really depends on the effects you’re looking for. Kratom comes in three different strain categories (slow, moderate, and fast), as well as three vein colorations (green, white, and red).
Each strain and each coloration results in different chemical compositions. Some will act as sedatives, promoting calmness and good sleep, while others do the opposite, leaving you alert, motivated, and energized.
It’s up to you to choose the strain and coloration according to your particular needs.
Is Kratom Legal?
That depends on where you live. Kratom is legal in most, but not all of the states in the US, and a few specific counties also ban its use. It is also illegal in Australia, as well as several EU, Asian, and African countries.
Be sure to check your local regulations regarding Kratom to avoid running into trouble with the law.
Is Kratom Safe To Use?
It is an open-ended question. Research on Kratom is still ongoing, and we don’t yet know much about how this plant extract really works. It is popular with many proponents of alternative medicine, but that does not make it 100% risk-free.
Why Is It Labeled As ‘Not For Human Consumption’?
This unsavory label is added by brands selling Kratom to avoid any lawsuits and legal issues down the road. In actual sense, the Kratom they sell can be and has been consumed by people.
How Should I Use Kratom?
Kratom powder is meant to be taken orally, not smoked, or combusted in any way. Some prefer to brew a tea out of it, while others just swallow it as is with a glass of water.
The plant is also available in capsule and tablet form; both meant to be taken orally.
How Long Do I Need To Use Kratom To Get Results?
There is no conclusive research on this point, and results tend to vary from user to user. The dosage also matters. Some people see results within a few minutes of taking Kratom, but others need to wait up to a half-hour to start feeling the effects.
There is no clear data available on long-term usage and whether the dosage needs to be increased over time to remain effective.
Does Kratom Show Up On Drug Tests?
Kratom is not specifically tested for in most commonly carried out drug tests. It also has an entirely different chemical structure from opioids, making it very unlikely that a test will detect Kratom.
However, if you are in a sensitive position and know you will be subjected to drug tests, it may be better to avoid Kratom to avoid any potential risks and damage associated with testing positive.