The Yoga Burn program is intended to help women develop a firm, toned physique, improve their metabolic rate, and get that desirable yoga butt. The question is, does it actually work, and is it even worth your money? Today, we aim to find out.
Formerly known as “Her Yoga Secrets,” the Yoga Burn program is made up of 12 weeks of progressively more challenging yoga exercises. Created by Zoe Bray-Cotton, this program uses a technique called dynamic sequencing yoga that can help you develop that slim, sexy body you’ve been looking for all from the comfort of your own home.
The beauty of the Yoga Burn program is that it actually helps you develop your yoga skills over time. Over the course of the 12 weeks that the program lasts, you’ll be presented with various exercises that allow you to improve your abilities on your own. With each routine you complete, you’ll be building on what you learned during the previous routine.
For this 12-week program, the cost is currently just $37. When you compare that to what you might pay for just one session with a personal yoga teacher, it’s clear that you’re getting a pretty good deal here.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Yoga Burn program, then read on for our full review.
Yoga Burn Review: Program Overview
Yoga Burn is a multi-stage program that is targeted exclusively at women and is designed to be completed in 12 weeks. It’s mainly intended to slim your tummy down and help you develop a great toned butt. It’s also an effective relaxation technique, and it’s great at improving your flexibility too.
If you want to get the best results out of this program, the program creator suggests doing three 45-minute sessions each week. But what’s great about the Yoga Burn program is that you can ultimately decide for yourself when and how hard you want to exercise.
That’s the main advantage that this program offers over something like group yoga; it gives you more freedom in terms of how you perform the exercises and lets you complete them at a pace that’s comfortable for you.
This program is divided into three different phases, with each subsequent phase developing further on the previous phase to help you burn more calories each time. The Yoga Burn program is based on the techniques of dynamic sequencing; don’t worry, we’ll get into more about what this actually is later on in the review.
- Foundational Flow Phase – This phase focuses on building strong fundamental yoga skills to improve your overall yoga confidence. Through this phase, you’ll develop your flexibility and improve your metabolism at a pace that works for you. By exercising at the intensity that suits you, this is an excellent way to avoid straining yourself or suffering an injury.
- Transitional Flow Phase – In this phase, you’ll continue to work on your strength and flexibility. You’ll begin performing more intense exercises that help you burn even more calories and learn even more poses. This is the point where you may start to see changes in your physique.
- Mastery Flow Phase – In the final phase, you’ll take everything you learned in the previous two phases and go far beyond what you were capable of before. At this point, you’ll be tested by the most challenging exercises, which will make the biggest changes happen to your body and help you burn the most calories. You’ll be taught the most advanced yoga sequences that take some people years to learn… but again, with the Yoga Burn program, you’ll practically be a yoga expert in just 12 weeks.
Here’s a real-world example for a bit of context. If you’ve ever attended a yoga class, even for a long period of time, you may feel like you’re not really developing your abilities any further with each lesson.
This is because many yoga classes out there don’t really use what happened in the previous lesson as the basis for the current lesson. With each lesson, you’re performing a random set of sequences that doesn’t have much to do with what you did the previous time.
That’s why so many people find it hard to get tangible results from practicing yoga, even after months of classes. There simply isn’t the necessary structure to help you properly develop your skills. The key to getting the changes you want in your body is to progressively increase the amount of effort you put in.
That’s why the three phases you’ll go through in the Yoga Burn program are one of the best ways to actually achieve the results you want through yoga, according to Zoe.
Essentially, the Yoga Burn program works because each of the phases is designed to work with your current level of skill. Having each phase building on the previous one helps you develop your skills much more quickly and improves your flexibility far more dramatically than a traditional yoga class might.
Pros and Cons
Next, let’s go over the pros and cons of the Yoga Burn program to get a thorough and objective look at what it offers:
- The Yoga Burn program can be completed entirely from home.
- Each lesson in the program is varied enough to be interesting and challenging but simple enough to follow along with.
- The dynamic sequencing helps keep you engaged and challenged regardless of your current skill level.
- The program creator claims that the Yoga Burn program can boost your metabolism, boost your immune system, help you shed excess pounds, and even improve your mood.
- The Yoga Burn program is available as a physical DVD, a digital download, and audio files, so you can have access to it no matter where you are.
- At only $37, the program is a pretty solid deal, and if you’re not satisfied with it, you can take advantage of a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- In order to actually see tangible results, you should ideally be prepared to commit to the program for the entire 12 weeks.
- Each 45-minute lesson is actually comprised of one 15-minute lesson that you replay three times. This isn’t a massive deal since the repetition of the sequences is a key part of the program, but one 45-minute video containing the sequences would have been preferable.
- Highly experienced yoga practitioners probably won’t get very much out of this program; it’s generally intended for less experienced audiences.
What Do You Get?
One beneficial aspect of the Yoga Burn program is that it’s available in both digital and physical formats, unlike many other products we often review. When you order a copy of Yoga Burn, you get both a DVD containing the material as well as a digital download that you can access on a computer, phone, or tablet. Since the physical DVD takes a little while to ship, you get the digital download to allow you to begin using the program right away.
The Yoga Burn program package also contains a bunch of bonus resources to help you get started on your mastery of the three phases.
Here’s everything that’s included in the Yoga Burn package:
- The Yoga Burn DVD and digital download, which include videos to walk you through all of the three phases, as well as 20 comprehensive posing tutorials and an introductory yoga lesson to help get you started.
- Included as part of the digital download, you also receive audio-only versions of each lesson that you can easily store on your phone and listen to wherever you want.
- You get access to the Tranquility Flow class, a series of sequences designed to help you relax. This class doesn’t focus on exercise; it’s all about relieving your stress.
- You also get access to the Immersion Community, a women-only community devoted to fitness. Through this community, you can find tons of support to help you on your yoga journey in the form of coaching calls and other women with the same interests and goals as you.
- This package also comes with Yoga Burn Monthly, a series of supplementary DVDs intended to introduce you to other types of yoga you might be interested in. The types covered on these DVDs include restorative, Hatha, Ashtanga, Vinyasa, and Kundalini yoga.
- You also have the option of buying an additional copy of the course for a reduced price. If you have a friend who is interested in trying out the program as well, this can be an excellent way to get both of you a copy.
Who Is the Program’s Creator?
The Yoga Burn program was created by one Zoe Bray-Cotton. Zoe is certified as a personal trainer, a yoga instructor, and a self-described “female body transformation expert.”
In her career, Zoe has done over 15,000 hours of teaching yoga and helped thousands of women achieve the body they wanted. The Yoga Burn program is essentially the sum of Zoe’s knowledge on the subjects of yoga and female fitness.
Dynamic Sequencing Yoga Explained
We mentioned earlier that we’d get into the basics of dynamic sequencing yoga. Let’s go over them now.
In order to help you improve your strength and flexibility through yoga, you need to make the right poses in the right order with the correct form and for the correct length of time. This is what the Yoga Burn program focuses on.
And that’s basically the whole premise of dynamic sequencing yoga. It’s all about completing specific yoga sequences in a predetermined order, with each sequence challenging you a little bit more so that your body adapts and develops in response to the challenge.
Typical Yoga Burn Week
Here’s what an average week of using the Yoga Burn program might look like for you:
- Monday – First 45-minute class
- Tuesday – Light cardio (walk or jog)
- Wednesday – Second 45-minute class
- Thursday – Take the day off to do whatever
- Friday – Third 45-minute class
- Saturday – More light cardio
- Sunday – Take another day off, or consider taking the Tranquility Flow yoga class
To complete each phase, you’ll need to go through this cycle three consecutive types before moving onto the next cycle of lessons.
Benefits of The Yoga Burn Program
Sure, the Yoga Burn consists of three progressive phases, while most yoga courses don’t have much structure at all. But what’s the real difference?
- The first difference is that the Yoga Burn program actually pushes you hard to challenge yourself and improve upon your existing skills, helping you achieve noticeable visual results in the shortest amount of time.
- The sequences outlined in the Yoga Burn program can be modified based on your own capabilities. This lets you customize the Yoga Burn program to your own skill level so that the lessons aren’t too easy or too hard for you. Overall, this personalization is one of the key advantages that this program has over traditional yoga courses.
- Because the program gets more challenging as you progress further into it, it means that you’ll always be making progress with each lesson you complete. You’ll burn more calories, gain more developed muscle tone, improve your flexibility and strength, and even feel more relaxed afterward.
- Let’s face it; doing yoga in a group setting can sometimes suck. Maybe you’re stressing about being on time for each session, or you have some unshakable anxiety about being judged… in any case, performing yoga in a group can actually cause your body to produce more stress hormones, which can actually counteract some of the benefits of doing yoga in the first place. Because the Yoga Burn program can be completed entirely at home on your own time, it makes the actual process of completing a yoga sequence way easier.
- Most yoga classes are open to everyone of all genders and age groups, which is totally fine; everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits that yoga offers. The problem with these all-inclusive yoga classes is that they have to make certain compromises to make them more accessible because they’re intended to be suitable for everyone. Because Yoga Burn is designed for women only, it can be designed to be as effective for women as possible.
Who Is the Yoga Burn Program For?
As we’ve mentioned previously, the Yoga Burn program is intended solely for women. However, regardless of whether you’re a yoga newbie or a seasoned yoga veteran, the Yoga Burn program can be adapted to your needs, thanks to dynamic sequencing.
It’s also not necessary for you to be some kind of a yoga-obsessed freak in order to get the most out of this program. You only need to complete three lessons a week to progress normally through this program, and each lesson is only 45 minutes in length.
How Long Does the Program Take to Work?
As we’ve mentioned already, the Yoga Burn program takes 12 weeks to complete. It’s designed to bring you fast results, but really, the exact point at which you’ll start to see noticeable changes depends on who you are as an individual.
However, this isn’t some miracle weight-loss solution or some other such gimmick. In order to see real results, you actually have to commit to finishing the program and do your best to eat healthily and exercise regularly when you’re not actively in a lesson.
Where Can I Get This Program?
If you’re interested in checking out the Yoga Burn program, you can only find it online through the official product website. You can get one copy of the program for $37, or two copies for $57 (you save $17 if you order two copies).
Frankly, for what you get when you purchase this course, we think it offers pretty great value for money, especially since you have the option to ask for a full refund within 60 days of purchasing it.
Plus, since you automatically get a digital download of this program, you can jump right into it the instant you buy it!
Yoga Burn Review: The Bottom Line
In all honesty, we were fully expecting the Yoga Burn program to be really gimmicky and full of fluff. But after exploring it more thoroughly, we were genuinely impressed with some of the material contained within the program.
Perhaps what we appreciated the most about this program was the fact that it’s tailored for women and women alone. Because it’s focused on women’s health, it’s far more effective when it comes to helping your body look the best it can.
We appreciate the most about the Yoga Burn program because it’s so versatile when it comes to adapting it for different skill levels.
Again, you’re far more likely to see noticeable results if you pair this program with regular exercise and a suitable diet, and the extent of these changes depends on who you are and how healthy of a lifestyle you lead. But regardless, if you find the results of this program aren’t living up to your expectations, you have the option to claim a refund within 60 days from the date of purchase.
So, if you’re a woman looking for an alternative to group-based yoga or if you’re just looking for a way to be more active at home, then the Yoga Burn program might be perfect for you.