The Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC) in partnership with the National Certification Corporation (NCC) and other certifying organizations, has launched a national PSA campaign – Certified Nurses are Everywhere!
This national PSA endeavor encompasses broadcast & cable TV, internet ads and transit ads in major market areas across the country. Its purpose is to inform the public that “Nurses can be nationally certified in their nursing specialty”; such as oncology, obstetrics, women’s health, neonatal, surgical, pediatrics, anesthesia & hospice – just to name a few.
Did you know…
- Certified nurses and advanced practice nurses have demonstrated their knowledge through a rigorous examination – a process which includes qualifying by meeting practice or education eligibility criteria and then maintaining their credential through reassessment of that knowledge throughout their career
- Certified nurses choose to seek out certification – demonstrating their expertise, knowledge and commitment
- National certification is the only way to have nursing specialty knowledge validated by an impartial third party
- Certified nurses must maintain their core specialty knowledge base and keep up with the changes in health care through ongoing targeted education and continuing competency assessments
Certified nurses work in all specialty areas, in every part of the country and in every health care setting, but the public is unaware of the certified nurse and of their effect on health care, patient advocacy and patient safety. Certified nurses have a direct influence on patients and their families during life-changing times, such as when dealing with a cancer diagnosis, giving birth, or experiencing illness and trauma. Their patients feel more confident with the care provided by certified nurses who are dedicated to staying up-to-date with the continuing changes in health care practices. ONCC and partnering organizations would like to empower individuals to be more knowledgeable health care consumers. By visiting CertifiedNurses.org consumers can learn more about certification and the various specialties that proudly support their certified nurses, including ONCC.
The national distribution of “Certified Nurses are Everywhere” has started and will continue throughout 2014. Placements and anticipated impressions are as follows:
• Broadcast TV and Cable . . . 150-300 million impressions
• Internet Banners . . . 20 million targeted impressions
• Transit Ads (airports, bus, malls, billboards) . . . 160 placements with 3-5 million impressions
“Certified Nurses are Everywhere” created by The National Certification Corporation (NCC) and supported in part by:
American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN)
American Board of Perianesthesia Nursing Certification, Inc. (ABPANC)
Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI)
National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Nurses (NBCHPN)
National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA)
Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC)
Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board (ONCB)
Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB)
The Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote excellence in patient care and professional practice by validating specialized knowledge in oncology nursing and related specialties. ONCC administered the first Oncology Certified Nurse examination in 1986. Today, ONCC offers basic and advanced certification in adult oncology nursing, basic certification in pediatric oncology/hematology nursing, and specialty certification in breast care nursing and blood and marrow transplant nursing. Learn more about ONCC at www.oncc.org