CBD products are now more easily available as the US states begin to legalize both recreational marijuana and that for medicinal use. Medical marijuana is a well-known pain reliever and has been in use for years, but as more information about the other health benefits of CBD keeps pouring in, more and more people are searching “CBD near me.” With contradictory information floating around, many people are often confused about the legality of CBD, and some are even not sure how it can be helpful for them.
Keep reading to gain some insight into the most sought-after cannabis ingredient.
What is CBD?
Recreational marijuana is just one of the numerous strains of the cannabis plant that also produces cannabidiol or CBD. The two strains are not only different, but CBD is easy to procure because it is legal. The difference is in the THC content that is well-known for its psychoactive properties, which gives the much-needed high in marijuana. CBD has a minute amount of THC and does not provide the high, which paves the path for its legality. Besides, it is safe to use without getting stoned so that they can enjoy the medical benefits of CBD. When buying CBD, ensure that its origin is the hemp plant, which has the least concentration of THC and this is legal.
The medical benefits of CBD
CBD has a lot of medical benefits, and research is still going on to discover the wider health benefits that it has to offer. The results of the studies available so far are quite promising. CBD is useful in some mental health conditions like anxiety disorders, PTSD, or post-traumatic stress disorder, schizophrenia, and addiction.
Some other studies on rats have shown that CBD oil is effective in treating arthritis pain, and another study on human cells shows that it is effective in controlling inflammation when used as a topical cream. Some evidence indicates that CBD might have anti-cancer properties and be effective in managing the side-effects of cancer treatment.
Forms of CBD
Online availability of CBD has been a reason for its fast-growing popularity, and there are several ways of consuming it by choosing the form in which you are most comfortable to consume it.
- Oils and tinctures – Some prefer consuming CBD in liquid form available as oil that contains CBD, which you can put under the tongue by using a dropper. The compound passes through the numerous capillaries of the oral mucosa and absorbed by the body.
- Capsules and pills – Used for systemic treatment of digestive disorders and seizures, the drugs have FDA approval, but it takes a longer time for ingestion.
- Edibles – Many prefer to consume CBD in the form of gummies that are tasty and can be chewed as long as one wants. It helps better control on the dosage and very affordable.
- Vaping – Vaping CBD is very popular because inhaling the vapor is the fastest way of ingesting CBD.
- Creams and lotion – Topical application of CBD in the form of creams and lotion is used for the treatment of pain conditions.
Always start with a low dosage and then scale it up gradually.