Working out is one of the best parts of the day, because you get to feel so accomplished when it’s all done and over with. There’s nothing better than closing the book on another great day as you leave the gym and take pride in your accomplishments.
But even the most disciplined athletes need a little bit of a leg up once in a while.
You certainly don’t want to use banned substances, because those are illegal and could get you kicked out of your sports club or organization. Even worse, what would your family and friends say if they caught you using such stuff?
If you want to get great performance in the gym, you can do it by ordering right from the comfort of your own home. That’s because these pre-workouts are available right on the Internet and can be sent right to your home.
We’ve got choices for men, women, people who can’t have caffeine, and people who want the greatest pumps ever.
These pre-workouts will have you performing at your very best, whether your goals are to run faster, lift harder, lose a few pounds, or build that muscle. There is truly something for everybody.
Let’s dive right into it.
Best Pre-Workout Supplements Of 2020
The problem with pre-workouts is, there are SO MANY. You could be trying a new pre-workout every week, and by the end of the year, you’d have 52 completely different jars of the stuff, and you could probably do the same thing next year.
It’s both a good and bad thing to have such a choice among supplements. The pro is, you have TONS of options. It’s not like the old days where you’d have to choose only what was available at the local GNC or health food store.
The con is that you just never know what’s going to be best until you try it. This is where we come in. Hold your applause, please- we spent two weeks sifting around to find the best supps available to athletes today, and we think we’ve made the ultimate list.
Let’s see what these supplements can do for us.
#1. Blackwolf Track/Blackwolf Trail
Track is for the guys; Trail is for the women. Since the old adage says, “Ladies first,” we will talk about what you get in the women’s supp and then move onto the men’s.
- Beta-Alanine- This is a helper in the raising your exercise capacity, helps reduce muscle fatigue, boost the immune system, and is an anti-aging element.
- Creatine Monohydrate– If you want to get cut, get that muscle mass and get those muscles recovering faster, you need creatine. Make sure it is part of your pre-workout.
- Whey Protein Isolate– This stuff lowers blood pressure, reduces inflammation, and helps you get quality proteins, which we know are necessary to build and keep muscles.
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)- Aside from being a helper against getting sick, this stuff heals wounds, helps you make cartilage, maintains your teeth, and helps absorb iron.
- L-Isoleucine- Our body can’t make this alone. It is a BCAA which provides a source of fuel during metabolic stress, such as working out. It is a performance enhancer.
- Zinc- Women should get about 8 mg of zinc per day. Zinc will help you stay healthy, as it is used against fighting the common cold, and is even a protector of eyesight.
- L-Glutamine– This stuff heals tissue, which we know gets damaged during workouts. It helps the intestinal wall stay in good repair. If tissue is irritated in the digestive tract, this nutrient will heal it.
- Citrulline Malate- Blood has to get where it’s going while you work out. In this manner, you have an easier time working out, and your muscles feel less fatigued. This stuff promotes healthy blood flow.
- L-Valine- One of three BCAAs. These increase your energy levels, help with recovery and repair of muscles, and lower high blood sugar levels.
- L-Taurine- This nutrient is a promoter of exercise performance, a guard against neurological disorders, protects against aging of the brain, and protects the heart.
- Magnesium Citrate- This is a nutrient aimed at helping the health of muscles and nerves. It helps you get more water in your intestines. It may also be used as a laxative to help with the treatment of constipation.
- Pantothenate- You will synthesize cholesterol, keep your digestive tract healthy, and your body will create sex hormones and stress hormones. Vitamin B5 will help you manufacture red blood cells, as well.
- Potassium Citrate– For healthy kidneys and a healthy heart, use potassium citrate. This stuff helps keep kidneys free of kidney stones and helps prevent gout as well.
- Sodium – This helps blood volume stay normal. Sodium is an electrolyte, too. Thus, it helps keep fluid in balance, too.
- Calcium- Calcium is good for many things; for instance, you will enjoy a healthy heart, muscle, and nerve function. You will enjoy healthy bones. You will also be protecting yourself against cancer and high blood pressure.
- Selenium Select- Some benefits of selenium are that you get a boost to your immune system, you lower your risk of some cancer types, and you could even reduce symptoms of asthma, great if you are an athlete with such a condition.
- L-Leucine- This promotes the synthesis of proteins and is a helper in the building of muscles. It may also help users lose fat and weight.
- Vitamin E- This vitamin is used not only for skincare but also for immune system support, eye health, and a reduced risk of cancer.
- Caffeine- This stimulant promotes focus, gets you a massive kick of energy, and makes you feel alert and in tune with your surroundings so you can have an amazing workout.
Now for the Blackwood Track Ingredients…
- Pyridoxine- Vitamin B6 is the common name for this nutrient, and it is a mood booster, preventer of clogged arteries, and helps with brain health.
- L-Isoleucine- This works alongside Valine and Leucine to help with muscle anabolism, which helps those tissues get big and strong.
- Magnesium Citrate– For healthy nerves and muscles, try magnesium citrate. It increases water in the intestine, which makes it easier to “go.”
- Thiamine- The common name for this is vitamin B1. We need it so we can turn carbs into energy. It is also necessary for heart health, functions of the nerves and muscle function, too.
- Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)– This is vitamin B6, and it is necessary for brain health, prevention of anemia, and may even help with your mood and the reduction of depression symptoms.
- L-Tartrate- If you have low carnitine levels, which happens especially in vegans, this can help. Carnitine is needed so our body can use long-chain fatty acids as energy.
- L-Leucine– Isoleucine, valine and l-leucine all work as one to promote muscle anabolism.
- Whey Protein Isolate- This is an excellent source of protein that is necessary for the reduction of muscle inflammation, lowered blood pressure, and muscle building.
- Beta-Alanine- Antioxidant, anti-aging, and lowers muscle fatigue. It increases your exercise ability, too.
- Caffeine- Caffeine will get you a burst of energy and focus that will have you absolutely slaying the workout.
- Potassium Citrate- This promotes a healthy heart, healthy kidneys, and both of these are needed for you, an athlete, to do your absolute best at the gym. You can’t work out like a champ if your heart isn’t functioning in top shape.
- Betaine- This helps lower the risk of heart disease, keeps your digestive system functioning well, and even supports liver function.
- Zinc Citrate– You can use zinc citrate to maintain healthy thyroid, heal up wounds, and boost the immune system. For guys, zinc matters because it helps create testosterone.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid- This helps with insulin sensitivity, helps with blood pressure regulation, and promotes a healthy heart. It helps the blood get to your muscles quicker, which makes for easier workouts.
- L-Valine- Comes together with isoleucine and L-leucine, and enables muscle anabolism to take place, helping you get muscles with size and power.
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)– Vitamin C keeps your immune system in good repair, helps heal wounds, and helps prevent you from getting sick.
- L-Glutamine- Keeps the intestinal wall healthy and is necessary for healthy digestion. It also heals up tissue in the body.
- Clarinol- Clarinol helps lower body fat and increases lean muscle mass. Since many of you will follow a lower-Cal diet as part of weight loss, this enables you to reduce the negative side effects that come about as part of these diets, like rashes, for instance.
- Citrulline Malate- Citrulline malate helps the blood get where it needs to be faster because it opens up the blood vessels in our bodies. Working out is easier when your blood goes where it needs to go.
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)– This is vitamin b12, and it protects you from megaloblastic anemia, makes DNA, and keeps blood cells in good shape.
- Pantothenic Acid – This is known as vitamin B5. It helps turn food into energy that we as humans need for working out, being productive, and performing basic daily functions.
- L-Carnitine- This increases energy in cells, provides mitochondrial function, and increases the body’s metabolism.
- L-Taurine- You are guarded against brain aging, your eye and heart health are protected, and you enjoy better exercise performance with this nutrient.
- Selenium Select- This is a helpful antioxidant and is also a promoter of heart health.
Benefits of Blackwolf Pre Workout
The first thing we loved about this is that it’s safe to take. You don’t have to worry about banned substances when it comes to this particular formula.
Plenty of athletes feel concerned that their pre-workouts or supps will get them in trouble with coaches or sports organizations, especially if they are regularly tested for banned substances.
It could lead them to get kicked out and also bring shame to them. However, this formula is excellent, and two elite athletes actually use it themselves, so there’s nothing to worry about.
The two we are speaking of include Ekaterina Avramova, a swimmer at the Olympic level, and Ekow Essuman, a pro boxer. They use Blackwolf Track and Trial, and they perform at the top of their game thanks to their skill and this great pre-workout supplement.
The next thing we liked was the transparency. All the ingredients were so easy to research. Our team found reputable studies that backed up the claims of these ingredients with little to no effort. You could tell they took a lot of care to choose ingredients that really work.
Aside from using great ingredients, the way in which this product is manufactured is responsible. They use cGMP or certified good manufacturing practices when crafting this product.
If you shop around, make sure you always look for that phrase on the bottle, no matter what brand you buy. It means the facility is clean, sanitary, and responsible.
The site was clean and easy to navigate, too. A website that doesn’t pester you to sign up for their newsletter is always appreciated. The site is encrypted and secure, so all purchases will be safe and guarded against hackers or anyone trying to steal your info.
The company was also upfront about the results. It is not going to make you ripped overnight.
It will definitely get you energy the day you take it, but the other benefits, like fat loss and bigger muscles, will not show until about 2-3 weeks into taking the product and following a healthy diet.
Lastly, we liked the return policy, although it is somewhat binding. You can return unopened products within 14 days of ordering and get your money back. This is OK, but what if one buys the product and finds it’s not a good fit? It’s something to think about as you buy.
Side Effects of Blackwolf Pre Workout
One of the coolest things about Blackwolf products is that they had no reported negative side effects. You will definitely find users who said it wasn’t right for them but taking it won’t put you at risk for side effects that you get with certain types of medicines or steroids.
You don’t have to worry about your body becoming sensitive to it and the product becoming ineffective. There is a cycling recommendation; every 6 weeks, you are advised to take 1 week off just to ensure it still works.
However, you have to take this per the label- don’t try to “double scoop” in an attempt to make it work harder for you.
Taking too much of this stuff could really give bad feelings, as is the case when a person takes too much caffeine. You know the feeling; jittery, shaking, even a little paranoid. The rapid heartbeat isn’t much fun, either.
Don’t use it more than three times a day. If you can, use just one scoop- this helps you save money but also won’t make you feel jittery or strange.
You can use two scoops if it’s what you need. Make sure you give yourself a half-hour so the supp can kick in, and you will feel ready to work out and work your hardest.
The ingredients are made of stuff we need anyway in our diet. It’s mainly helpful minerals, vitamins, and herbs. Thus, it really only helps people who take it, instead of harming them.
That being said, we are not doctors, and we cannot know what it will do for ALL users. To be safe, you should consult your doctor to make sure it won’t affect you in terms of medication you are already taking or prior health conditions.
What Is the Price of the Blackwolf Pre Workout?
There are two packs of pre-workout available. Huntress is for the ladies; Hunter is for the guys. These packs give you pre-workout, intra workout, and post-workout fuel.
This all comes in one neatly packed box, and both cost $83 US. You can buy the supplement for just pre-workout by itself. There was a coupon code offered at the time of this article’s writing.
It’s definitely a bit on the expensive side, but if you want proven performance enhancement that is safe and free weird side effects, this is the way to go. The package deal of the three products together is an excellent way to save some money.
There are no bulk buying options, unfortunately. You can’t buy, for example, a three-pack of the pre-workout by itself.
If you use the pre-workout each day, you can easily get two weeks out of the jar, but since most of us take rest days during the week, you should get even longer.
#2. 4 Gauge
This is just for all you guys and girls that want to get big and strong out there! If you have dreams of getting the pumps you want and the results you’ve always dreamed of, this is the stuff you are looking for.
It comes in a beautiful bottle that is styled to look like a shell, which is sure to make a statement and get conversations going when you’re at the gym.
They make a supp that is designed for both men and women. You will find it much easier to get that muscle mass and look and feel bigger with this stuff.
It gives you great pumps that are out of this world. You will likely feel improvements in your endurance and strength, as so many others did while using this.
The brains of this operation researched tirelessly heaps of scholarly articles, journals, and studies that involved the ingredients listed. The formula is definitely a strong one, but you won’t have to worry about side effects because it’s totally natural.
It helps users feel focused and ready to take on that workout. You will find it easy to do just one more rep or pour it on that last mile.
So, if you love natural approaches to fitness and want your performance to be top-notch, try this one out.
Ingredients Of 4 Gauge
- L-Theanine: With l-theanine, you can enjoy better sleep and cognitive function. It helps you with weight loss and helps with relaxation, so you can just enjoy the workout and what it does for you.
- Creatine Monohydrate: Creatine is a strength booster, helps make muscles grow big, and helps with muscle recovery.
- L-Citrulline Malate: Athletes get healthier blood vessels where blood can flow more easily with this nutrient. It is a performance booster, and you only need 8g to make it happen.
- Rhodiola Rosea: It helps you fight chronic fatigue, improves your mental and physical fitness, and even combats anxiety. When taken along with antidepressants, side effects of these meds could be reduced.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is known for its ability to help athletes stay focused, stay alert, and give them a boost of energy. You may even lose some weight as it is an appetite suppressor.
- Coconut Water– Coconut water tastes great and helps get you rehydrated. It’s nature’s own sports drink. It has calcium, potassium, and amino acids, naturally! It is also good for keeping kidney stones at bay and blood pressure healthy.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine– This aids in memory skills, helps lower nerve pain, and naturally turns body fat into energy.
- Red Beet– Red beets are good for weight loss, they help improve athletic performance, and they are good at keeping blood pressure at a healthy number.
Benefits Of 4 Gauge
This was made by the UK company Roar Ambition. It is all-natural ingredients, and they will get you clean energy to power through those gym workouts with ease.
You will love that the ingredients are easy to read, pronounce, research, and understand. You can easily look them all up and find out why they are so special. We even have links so you can check it out for yourself, just click on the ingredient to see. No proprietary or synthetic ingredients are in this.
It is a formula that stands with science. The serving size is 5 calories a serving, so if every calorie counts as it often does, this is easy to fit right into your budget.
The flavor is pretty nice. It is fruity and made with plant-based ingredients. It is excellent because that artificial sweetener taste is no good; you almost have to brush your teeth after taking it to get that flavor out!
Just mix two scoops into 300ml of water. You can mix it into your shakes or juices, too- whatever works for you. Then drink up and wait 30 minutes so you can feel the effects and get to work.
Cycling is necessary, so make sure you do that. You will want one week off every six weeks to be sure. You may use up to 4 scoops if that’s what it takes to feel it, but no more than that is necessary.
Any Side Effects Of 4 Gauge?
There are no negative side effects associated with 4 Gauge. People that are sensitive to caffeine should avoid having this supplement, as it is part of the formula. IT could make you feel sick, jittery, or make your heart race.
We found that the formula was great for nearly everybody such as
- Anybody that prefers to eat natural and avoid chemicals
- People following reduced-calorie diets
- Vegetarians and vegans
You should be 18 years old before buying; this is not for kids. Women that are pregnant or breastfeeding should avoid these and other pre-workout supplements. It’s a good idea to talk to their doctor before using a pre-workout to ensure their safety.
People on medications should ask a doctor also. It is to ensure the pre-workout does not interfere with the medication and vice versa.
How Much Is 4 Gauge Pre-Workout?
There is a package deal called Ultimate Ammo Crate, and it comes in at $135. It offers you free ship to the USA and UK, and it’s discreet, too. Nobody will have to know your secret to success if you don’t want them to!
2 Rounds comes in at 90 bucks, and it also offers you free US and UK shipping. Discreet packaging is available for this order too.
Lastly, you may buy one 4 Gauge package for $45, but this deal has you paying for shipping.
Returns are easy, just contact their customer service department, and you will get info on where to send back your stuff for a refund.
#3. Performance Lab Sport
It is a stim-free pre-workout that is perfect for those who have to work out at times other than the morning. Maybe you hit the gym after work, and you don’t want to be up all night.
This stuff won’t leave you feeling jittery. It’s perfect for men and women. You will love how it makes you feel- you can almost feel the blood going to your muscles and the increased stamina and endurance.
Ingredients of Performance Lab Sport
The taste is good, but the ingredients are even better. They’re a mix of natural and proprietary ingredients, but you’re going to love how you feel.
- Himalayan Pink Salt– This stuff helps you with hydration and is good for restoring electrolytes lost when you push yourself hard and sweat.
- CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine– This is good for athletes’ focus and muscle building. It speeds up your recovery time and helps you increase endurance.
- Creapure PH10– Creapure is creatine, squared. It gets you more lean muscle mass and energy. It helps muscles recover.
- Seteria Performance Mix (L-Citrulline and L-Glutathione)– L-glutathione lowers your oxidative stress and helps with insulin resistance. It also fights autoimmune diseases. L-citrulline helps with blood flow.
- NutraGenesis Iron+ – Iron is necessary for energy’s metabolism. Myoglobin and hemoglobin bring oxygen to the body. It is necessary for effective workouts as they transfer oxygen from your lungs to the tissues in your body.
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract– Maybe you’ve heard this as pycnogenol, it is a natural plant extract that is good for your performance as well as recovery.
What Are the Benefits of Performance Lab Sport?
This stuff is excellent, small, but mighty. It gets you clean feelings of strength, and your endurance will be through the roof. It’s just great for people who cannot have caffeine but would love those energetic feelings pre-workout gives you.
You Will Enjoy:
- Better muscle strength
- Better performance
This is what the manufacturer stated- not us!
It’s all thanks to the creatine in the formula; we know this stuff is excellent for boosting the performance and strength of athletes everywhere.
Your muscles make more ATP with creatine. When you perform high intensity moves, this stuff kicks in and boosts your performance of the moves.
If you are a runner, you will enjoy improved sprints. You will find fatigue becomes a thing of the past. The inclusion of the maritime pine bark and the l-citrulline are to blame for this positive effect.
For those that want better endurance, creatine is your buddy. It helps your body make that ATP energy, which keeps you moving. The formula is also designed to support healthy muscle tissue. It oxygenates the muscles.
It helps get toxins out of the body. It aids nitric oxide in going up and keeps your blood flowing where it needs to go. This again thanks to that great maritime pine bark extract.
Any Side Effects of Performance Lab Sport?
There are no negative side effects associated with Performance Lab Sport. We definitely found users who stated it was not for them, but we did not find any negative side effects as a result of using this product.
You can encounter negative reactions if you do not take it as directed, so keep that in mind.
The ingredients could also interact with medication you are already taking, so keep that in mind- citrulline is a known offender. So, treat it as you would all other pre-workouts and supplements, and make an appointment with your doctor to discuss it just to be safe.
What’s the Cost of Performance Lab Sport?
- 3-month supply costs $105 and includes free shipping.
- 3-month supply costs $75, and you get free shipping with that also.
- 1-month supply is $35, but you will incur the cost of shipping.
These great packages help you save money and shipping costs. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee to enjoy also. Put this into your rotation for 30 days and if you find this is not for you, just send it back and get a refund.
Which of These Pre-Workouts Are Strongest?
We can’t answer for sure, although 4 Gauge is most potent, in our opinion. For every person, it will be different, as everyone will react differently.
The ingredients for each blend are different, but powerful in their own way. They all do an excellent job of getting you feeling ready to work your hardest.
So, if you want a potent supp, go for 4 Gauge. It is powerful natural and is a four in one supplement, which is excellent compared to Blackwolf who encourages users to pick up the Hunter or Huntress packs.
The strongest workout for you could also very well be the Performance Lab Sport blend. If you have a medication or condition that states you cannot have caffeine, this stuff will help you feel amazing during workouts. You won’t be up all night, either.
Do Pre-Workouts Help with Weight Loss?
Maybe they do- there is no specific answer to this. Weight loss is not a mystery in and of itself. You simply have to take in less calories than you burn. Ingredients in pre-workouts are conducive to weight loss because they enable you to work harder.
The harder you work, the more calories you burn. And that leads to weight loss! Your appetite may also be suppressed, which helps you avoid unnecessary snacking.
Instead, you will be more apt to properly refuel after workouts via protein shakes or healthy snacks instead of junk food. You will be more likely to reach for the healthy recommendations made to you by a coach, meal plan, or nutritionist.
You might not even feel like eating, which can help you eat less of your prepared meals. It may lead to weight loss as you are consuming less calories.
You will feel like you have more energy when using these pre-workout supplements. It will make you desire to work out longer and harder. You can burn more calories this way.
There are pre-workouts that help you lose weight. You have to research the brand and, of course, read the label carefully to make sure you get what you want out of the supplement.
Some keywords to look for when you shop for a weight loss pre-workout include:
- Fat loss
If the label says, “thermogenic” this is the act of heating the body up, so it burns more calories. There are also ingredients you can look for that promote weight loss, such as:
- Green tea
In case you are curious if something can help you lose weight, but aren’t sure if that’s the purpose, just email the company and ask. Make sure you read reviews and research ingredients, too.
What ingredients are a must for Pre-Workouts?
Some ingredients just have to be part of pre-workout, sort of like how you can’t have a loaf of bread without some kind of flour in it. So, when it comes to your pre-workout, look for a few heavy hitters to ensure it’s not low quality.
Here are our three must-haves:
This is a classic for athletes and busy people everywhere. You will find it in pre-workouts old and new. It is perfect for focus and lessened fatigue, and it’s great for helping you enjoy safe, efficient workouts.
It is an ingredient that boosts your ability to keep on truckin’, and you might not even feel like you are working at all with this stuff.
This is an amino acid that works wonders on our bodies. It helps increase your anaerobic performance, helps muscles feel less sore, and gets you tons of other amazing benefits. It’s a must for people that regularly work out.
This stuff is great because it helps build muscles, aids your body in performing better during working out, and also helps with muscle tissue repair. You will also enjoy reduced muscle fatigue after working out.
Those who take this ingredient regularly will notice their workouts are more effective and less painful. They will also enjoy greater muscle mass.
When to Use a Pre-Workout Supplement?
Just as the supplement suggests, this is to be used BEFORE you start working out. Make sure you read the label over to see when it’s ideal to take it.
Most of these supplements ask that you do it a half hour before you start your session. It will vary from item to item, and in some cases, it will take just 15 minutes for it to work.
Be sure that you follow dosage instructions carefully. Too much of this can make you feel tingly, jittery, or even get your heart beating rapidly. You might not be able to sleep at night, either.
You could end up feeling very uncomfortable, to say the least. Taking too little of this stuff could leave you feeling like the product didn’t work for you.
Mix it up how you enjoy drinking it, whether that is in a protein shake or juice, or with just some plain water. You need to drink the entire serving, so you get the full benefits of the dose. Make sure you enjoy the taste as best you can.
If you have waited a while but don’t feel it kick in yet, try starting your workout if you feel ready to do so. You might find that once you get going, you feel ready to just keep working right along. If you don’t feel it working yet, wait a few more minutes to see if it starts kicking in for you.
If you find that powders just aren’t your bag, try capsules. These are great for people that are on the run and don’t want to tote around a blender bottle. Just get a swig of water, swallow the capsules, and be ready to kill it at the gym.
How Long Before My Workout Do I Take This?
Follow the label for best results- most supps will recommend taking it 30 minutes before your session starts.
What’s in The Pre-Workout?
Beta-alanine is one ingredient; it is responsible for that tingly, energetic feeling you get.
Caffeine is pretty common, as it is an energy booster and focusing stimulant.
Creatine is another common one; it helps the body make it through a very intense session. Regular use is needed so the body can produce more energy.
What Do I Need to Do Before I Take Pre-Workout?
You should take pre-workout after:
- You have talked to a doctor first, especially if you have heart problems or liver issues, or have a family history of such matters.
- You agree to take the recommended dosage as per the label. Do not think that you can get a better workout if you double it; it could make you feel sick or give you heart palpitations.
- You are willing to take a break in between use, or “cycle” the supplement. You can follow the label, or if you are not sure, go for 4 weeks on 2 weeks off.
Conclusion: Should You Go for a Pre Workout Supplement?
The pre-workout you end up buying is going to be all your own choice. You don’t have to choose anything here if you don’t care for them- it’s OK!
However, make sure you take a good hour or two to research the ingredients and see how they can really help you. You might find the one you had in mind isn’t at all what you want.
Whether you’re looking for focus, more energy, or increased stamina, or all three, there is a pre-workout for you. Work hard, get in your reps, and don’t give up. Good luck!