American Liver Foundation recognizes dedicated individuals & organizations at annual awards luncheon
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will recognize five individuals that have demonstrated the highest levels of dedication and commitment to the Allegheny Division of the ALF at their 6th annual awards luncheon.
This year the Allegheny Division will honor the following five people for their tireless dedication to the American Liver Foundation and the fight against liver disease.
- Dr. George Mazariegos, Pediatric Transplant Surgeon, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- Dr. Paul Lebovitz, Division Director, Gastroenterology, West Penn Allegheny Health Systems
- Donato Coluccio, Chef and owner of Donato’s Fox Chapel
- Dr. Karl Williams, Allegheny County Medical Examiner
- Richard Zelechowski, Western Pennsylvania PBC Support Group member
The Tribute to Excellence began in 2007 by honoring Dr. Thomas E. Starzl, MD, PhD, the “Father of Transplantation” and naming a research grant in his name. Since then the ALF has strived to honor those individuals and organizations that have demonstrated the highest levels of dedication and commitment, who have devoted time, talent and treasure to the American Liver Foundation in a meaningful way through advocacy, education and fundraising, and who forge paths of leadership for others to follow in the fight against liver disease.
The mission of the American Liver Foundation is to facilitate, advocate and promote education, support and research for the prevention, treatment and cure of liver disease.
The 6th Annual Tribute to Excellence will be held on Friday, March 2, at The Fairmont Pittsburgh Hotel from 11:30am-1pm. Tickets are $45 each. For more information contact Amanda McDivitt, 412-434-7077.