Every year the Allegheny County Medical Society (ACMS) recognizes outstanding physicians, dedicated volunteers and organizations that have made significant contributions to the health and well being of patients throughout the Pittsburgh region and beyond during its annual community awards and fundraising gala.
ACMS knows individuals and organizations are doing amazing things for patients and patient care every day and the medical society wants to hear about them! If you know a physician, nurse, healthcare professional, volunteer or organization whose dedication and contributions to the betterment of patient care go above and beyond the call of duty, what better way to honor their work and dedication to patient care than nominating them for an award.
ACMS is currently accepting nominations for its annual physician and community awards. These prestigious awards honor ACMS member physicians who have made extraordinary contributions to medicine and humanity, as well as to the medical society. The community awards recognize individuals and organizations for outstanding contributions to the health and welfare of citizens on behalf of the medical profession.
The awards presented by ACMS are:
- Benjamin Rush Individual Award recognizes an individual who is not a practicing healthcare professional, who devotes time, skills, or resources to assisting others and contributes to the advancement of healthcare.
- Benjamin Rush Community Organization Award recognizes a company, institution, organization or agency that is successfully addressing a community health issue.
- ‘Pittsburgh Proud’ Award recognizes individuals or groups who have made a significant contribution to improve health in our community that makes us Pittsburgh Proud.
- Nathaniel Bedford Primary Care Award recognizes a primary care physician for exemplary, compassionate, comprehensive and dedicated care of their patients.
- Ralph C. Wilde Leadership Award recognizes a physician who demonstrates exceptional skill in their clinical care of patients and dedication to the ideals of the medical profession as teacher or profession leader.
- Frederick M. Jacob Award honors a physician who has performed outstanding service to the Allegheny County Medical Society through demonstrated leadership in the improvement of healthcare in our community.
- Physician Volunteer Award recognizes a physician for the donation of their time or talents for charitable, clinical, educational or community service activities, domestically or internationally.
- Richard E. Deitrick Humanity in Medicine Award honors a physician who has improved the lives of patients by caring for them with integrity, honesty, and respect of their human dignity, and serves as a role model for other physicians.
Nomination forms are available online at www.acms.org. Completed nominations must be received at the ACMS office by Monday, October 15, 2012. Nominations can be mailed to ACMS Awards, 713 Ridge Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212; faxed to 412-321-5323 or emailed to email@example.com. The awards will be presented at the annual ACMS community awards and fundraising gala on Saturday, April 6, 2013.
The Allegheny County Medical Society represents physician members from all specialties and is dedicated to providing leadership and advocacy for patients and physicians. The organization has been serving Allegheny County since 1865.