A career in physiotherapy is solely dependent on the type of specialization you prefer to opt for during the course of your study. Once you have completed your degree in Physiotherapy, numerous specialization options are available in this domain including the paediatrics physiotherapy, obstetrics physiotherapy, sports physiotherapy, neurology physiotherapy, orthopaedic physiotherapy, geriatrics physiotherapy, post-operative physiotherapy, and cardiovascular physiotherapy. They are hired by different health institutions as per their expertise.
Read ahead to learn more about the exciting career options that can be explored with a degree in physiotherapy:
- Hospitals: Work in a hospital in a variety of departments including intensive care, occupational health, orthopaedics, GP surgeon, or a care home.
- Health Institutes: Get hired in different health institutions by pursuing specializations in the field of neuro-musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, geriatrics, cardiorespiratory, neurology, orthopaedics, and other related subjects. These professionals are trained in clinical skills to diagnose, assess, and treat disabilities by understanding the core of the problem and help patients to recover from varied problems including knees pain, back pain, neck pain, and other ligament issues.
- Fitness Centres: Resident physiotherapist for a sports team or help armed service veterans with rehabilitation.
- Private Clinics: Nowadays the scope of physiotherapy has moved from the treatment of normal ortho-pains to the rehabilitation of patients suffering from stroke, cerebral palsy, paralysis, Parkinson’s, and multiple sclerosis. They also focus on acute and chronic illnesses by treating patients at home.
- Special schools: Take up research in the field of physiotherapy to get associated with world-class research institutions. There is a wide scope of physiotherapy in the future, as it is considered the most sophisticated form of healing through biomechanics.
- Health and fitness clinics: Physical therapy employs bio-mechanics, electrotherapy, manual therapy, exercise therapy, and kinesiology to help patients maintain and restore their physical mobility. They possess a better understanding of the body and its mechanics.
- Independent Practitioners: Physiotherapy is just limited to a particular procedure for its miraculous effects but follows a scientific approach involving a few massages like techniques that are anatomically inclined towards solving problems.
- Pursue higher education like a doctorate for working with other expert healthcare professionals to develop treatment plans for patients.
The basic job responsibilities of a physiotherapist: They have to work with patients with a variety of conditions and the duration may vary with the varying conditions. They assess, diagnose, and treat problems by encouraging physical exercise, movement, and advise patients on leading a healthy lifestyle. They compile reports on patients to check with their progress and to liaise with other healthcare professionals encouraging a holistic approach to treatment. Physiotherapy is advancing at a drastic rate with many technological innovations changing the way of healing through manual therapies, by being caring, compassionate, and patient.
So, if you are interested in pursuing a career with a degree in physiotherapy, then enroll yourself in the respective course to seal your place in this domain as expert physiotherapy professional. The bachelor of physiotherapy course is designed to train the workforce for filling the gap in this booming industry.