When you’re working in medicine, time-management and security are perhaps more critical for you than for anyone in any other industry. Healthcare businesses handle on-the-moment emergencies and incredibly sensitive customer information every day. When choosing technology to collect, store, and use the documents needed for your medical or healthcare business, you need to know the software itself is top-notch.
eSign Genie can help process your intake forms, prescriptions, and insurance agreements in a way that is fast, efficient, and easy to learn. Generating documents is simple, and clients can fill out and sign them then return them to you instantly. They also work great for business partners, as they aren’t only quick, but also accessible on the go!
If multiple signers or many different people are filling in fields, you can even edit permissions. This means that people may only securely access the parts of the form that you wish them to see. Signatures are legally binding and safe!
Here are five of the best benefits of using eSign Genie for your healthcare or medical business.
- Document Accuracy
Digital forms are accessible and editable in a matter of moments. They also avoid the problems that come from some people having less than legible handwriting and save on errors! The smart fields also help lead the client all the way through the relevant areas for them and make sure everything goes in the right place. You’ll even get an e-mail when the form is filled!
Time is money, and even more so when it comes to medicine. E-signatures are obviously quicker than traditional wet signatures, but eSign Genie cuts the processing time even further. Specific fields are easily created, designated, and distributed. Everything can be signed from any internet-connected device, meaning there’s no need to wait until you or your clients are at your desk!
- Document Safety
The 2000 ESIGN Act, along with other policies such as UETA, grant equal legal weight to electronic and paper signatures. Many hospitals, patient registrations, billing programs, and consent documents now use an eSignature solution for their deals and forms all around the world. ESign Genie works particularly hard to make sure we comply with the ESIGN Act.
The security systems eSign Genie uses are top not, too. Our accolades prove we meet and exceed standards for the industry in terms of security, availability, integrity, confidentiality, processing, and privacy within our system. Filled-out documents are stored only in your personal account, and until you choose to share, only you can access them.
By using eSign Genie your company will comply with the following regulatory requirements:
- ESIGN Act
- FDA (21 CFR Part 11)
- Electronic Prescription of Controlled Substances (EPCS)
- Hospital Medical Record Services
- Electronic Health Records (EHRs)
- HITECH Act
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Medicare Part B
- Price Cutting
Let’s face it – paperwork, in this day and age, is inefficient and takes up space. The medical industry is not the first or the only one to make the transition to a paperless eSignature solution. Still, with the reams of information required, it is a change that is more than welcome! E-signatures will cut the cost of printing, binding, storage, printing, postage, and all other parts of the paper workflow. As well, working expenses and staff hours are cut as less time must be spent printing and rescanning documents.
- HIPAA Compliance
Perhaps most importantly, for this industry, eSign Genie’s HIPAA compliance electronic signature solution is entirely compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. We understand the essential nature of patient data security, and we do everything in our power to keep it safe in every aspect of healthcare. This includes, but is not limited to, medical equipment manufacture, pharmaceutical manufacture and production, health plans, and health care direct providers. We manage the signing process and make sure everything is kept locked tight from everyone except those who should be looking.
Main Usage of e-Signature in Healthcare
Did you know that an average hospital maintains 45 million individual paper forms and documents?
Here are some of the most common ways businesses use the eSign Genie tool:
- Medical reports – It is common for patients to get a medical report from their doctor regarding their health status. This type of documents is the basis by which patients will base their decisions.
- Patient records – Every patient has a file that identifies the patient and his or her history of treatments and diagnoses. Doctors sign these documents whenever they do check-ups on the patient.
- Patient consent forms – All hospitals require their patient to sign an agreement before any medical procedure. This way hospitals make sure that your health care provider has given you information about your condition along with testing and treatment options before you decide what to do.
- Paying medical bills– Patients can easily e-sign on the medical bill rather than sign them manually
- Medical certificates – In many cases, patients need signed medical certificates. Doctors can now use eSignature solutions to sign such certificates.
- Drug prescriptions – E-signing an order is better as the patient can access the document even from their mobile phones.
Electronic signatures have countless advantages over wet signatures. By implementing an electronic signature system, healthcare institutions can speed up documentation processes and reduce errors while reducing costs.
E-Sign Genie will not only make you streamline your operations, it will also make work that much easier.