Spartan Medical Associates is a company based in North Carolina that specializes in hormone replacement therapy. Generally, their services are meant to cater to the needs of women as they go through menopause or perimenopause. For the men, hormone replacement therapy is also needed to help combat problems relating to low testosterone levels.
The company also provides services to patients that have suffered traumatic injuries, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and other hormonal issues. The great thing about this company is that they use a highly individualized approach to ensure that they’re able to provide the best services to their patients.
Today, Spartan Medical Associates are working on expanding their services statewide. This is made possible through the innovations of technology such as telemedicine.
What Is Hormone Replacement Therapy?
While many have heard of hormone replacement therapy, few know what it actually is and how it works. Put simply, this is a form of therapy that’s provided to patients who need to replace hormones in their body, such as individuals whose body systems produce lower hormone levels or poor-quality hormones.
Of the many patients that can benefit the most from hormone replacement therapy, the most common are those with menopausal symptoms that can be quickly relieved, such as:
- Vaginal dryness
- Hot flushes
- Night sweats
- Mood swings
For some patients whose symptoms last for years, hormone therapy is their best recourse to find lasting relief.
How Does Telemedicine Help In Expanding Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Telemedicine, one of the best innovations in the healthcare industry, refers to online health consultations, particularly when there’s no need for physical doctor consultation. This is an easier and more efficient way for patients to access medical advice, prescriptions, and proper diagnosis without the need for travel. This helps in many cases, such as when specialists are located elsewhere and patients require quick attention.
At the same time, telemedicine helps to expand hormone replacement therapy services to more people in more places by providing the following benefits:
- Affordability: While hormone replacement therapy is required by many persons, it can be quite costly. For instance, the expense of traveling back and forth to meet a hormone therapy specialist or licensed medical professional from Spartan Medical Associates for consultations. With telemedicine, costs are reduced, hospital stays are shorter, and there’s no need to transport patients from one place to another.
- Productivity. With telemedicine, you no longer have to spend time waiting at the doctor’s office while other patients are being served. In fact, You can complete a medical from the comfort of your home. Furthermore, your personal consultations can be done during your free time or scheduled for a time when you and your medical specialist are both free. While this eliminates needless travel and waiting times, you must be online during your scheduled telemedicine appointment.
How Does One Get Started With Hormone Replacement Therapy?
To get started with hormone replacement therapy (HRT), the first step is to speak with a doctor from Spartan Medical Associates. You should do this during the first few times when you start to feel the symptoms of menopause. Once you meet with the Spartan Medical Associates team, they’ll walk you through the process and you can choose from among the many different types of hormone replacement therapies that are most suitable for your needs.
Most initial cases of hormone replacement therapy run for three months. During this time, your team is going to observe whether or not you’ve started to feel any of the positive benefits that it promises to bring.
What Are The Types Of HRT Offered By Spartan Medical Associates?
As mentioned, you can choose from many kinds of hormone replacement therapy. The final choice is decided by the doctor with your consent and approval. With the personalized approach provided by Spartan Medical Associates, the HRT type would depend on the following:
- HRT Treatment Plans: This is for cases where medication can be taken without stopping or can be taken per cycle with different hormones.
- HRT Hormones: For most women, the hormone that they’ll have to take include estrogen and progestogen. However, for women who also have specific reproductive health problems, estrogen can be taken on its own.
- HRT Modes Of Application: This means that the treatment can involve the use of rings, tablets, vaginal creams or skin patches.
Today, thanks to telemedicine, even those who are located far from North Carolina can have access to the hormone replacement therapies offered by Spartan Medical Associates. More patients can now choose to adopt this more progressive form of treatment for the ailments that hormonal changes cause. Many pre-menopausal men and women who are proactive about making positive changes in their lives can now focus on their long-term health and wellness without spending needless amounts of time and money for quality health care.