Breast augmentation is one of the most common yet most sought after procedures in the world. It is also known as breast enlargement procedure, a cosmetic surgical procedure that can help women get a voluptuous, youthful look providing a more fuller and symmetrical look. This type of procedure helps in increasing the breast size for women who, and help in restoring breast shape after pregnancy or aging. There several types of breast enlargement procedures and the Breast augmentation surgery in Hyderabad vary according to the different types of implants. Let us find out a little more about the breast augmentation procedure and which one will suit you the most.
All about the Breast Enlargement Procedure
Before undergoing breast augmentation surgery it is important you discuss the nitty-gritty of the procedure and that includes the size and type of your implants, your expectations, as well as what helps speed up the recovery process. This includes incorporation of several approaches that can help achieve your desired look. For example, placing the implants placed under the muscle will provide a greater boost on the upper area of your breasts, and if you have sufficient tissue coverage there will be fewer chances of the breast implants being visible. If the implants are inserted under the muscle, you may experience a certain degree of muscle interference.
Breast augmentation is a less complex procedure when compared to other enhancement procedures. The breast augmentation procedure takes just one surgery and is completed within an hour. A small incision is made (under the breasts) under general anesthesia. These implants are then inserted and placed properly in the breast. It’s the primary goal for every surgeon to provide a natural-looking breast to every patient.
The saline and silicone breast implants are contained within the solid silicone shell, the chief difference between the two is visible inside.
Saline breast implants –Saline implants are composed of sterile saltwater. They’re usually inserted empty and then filled up when they placed inside the breast surgically.
Silicone breast implants – Silicone implants are filled up with silicone gel – it is a cohesive fluid that looks and feels like human fat.
Women from different walks of life choose implants to add the right volume and make for an attractive breast shape, but there are different types of implants catering to varied needs.
Choosing the right clinic and surgeon holds the key to getting the desired shape without any mishaps. Making an informed decision thus holds paramount importance.
The most popular implants today are saline implants and silicone implants,
Saline vs. Silicone – Pros and Cons
- Saline implants have a plethora of advantages and disadvantages when it is compared with silicone. What tips the scale towards the saline implants is that it’s non-toxic.
- The chief disadvantage of the saline implant is, it must be replaced as soon as it leaks, although there is no risk of health issues because of this leak.
- Saline implants need a smaller incision than silicone implants and it involves scarring, problems arise when the saline implant collapses, and there is a noticeable change in the size and shape, and there is a requirement of additional surgery to fix it.
- The advantages of both saline and silicone implants are they provide a desirable look and provide a firm and uniform look. Silicone implants are available in a variety of shapes, sizes, and gel consistencies. Certain silicone implants may rupture because of the differences in the gel consistencies.
- A leaking silicone implant may not give any indications and it is only discovered when the doctor examines it. This is a worrying aspect for the patients. Silicone implants require a larger incision and this makes the scar more visible.
- The key benefit of silicone implants is aesthetic. Both these types of implants can provide a natural look; silicone breast implants have a reputation for providing a much natural look and feel. Also, silicone implants are softer and have fewer chances of rippling; it makes them the best choice for patients who have lesser natural breast tissue to cover the implants.
It’s important to weigh all your options as you research the suitable breast implant solutions. Consider the price, the scarring, holistic approach, the type of implants you want to undergo and so on. But, it is not something that you can decide alone. You have to discuss it with your surgeon and come to the best conclusion. It is important that your surgeon is an experienced one and is up to date with all the latest research and developments in the field of cosmetic surgery in general and breast augmentation procedures in particular.
For the best outcomes:
- Choose your surgeon carefully; preferably they have to be board-certified.
- Follow all the postoperative instructions of your surgeon.
- Continue to get regular MRIs to check for any silicone ruptures. It is important to get regular and thorough check-ups for the same.
Throughout the year, our writers feature fresh, in-depth, and relevant information for our audience of 40,000+ healthcare leaders and professionals. As a healthcare business publication, we cover and cherish our relationship with the entire health care industry including administrators, nurses, physicians, physical therapists, pharmacists, and more. We cover a broad spectrum from hospitals to medical offices to outpatient services to eye surgery centers to university settings. We focus on rehabilitation, nursing homes, home care, hospice as well as men’s health, women’s heath, and pediatrics.