The process of hiring physicians for your healthcare company can be time-consuming. You need to post a job advertisement, sort through the applicants, do the interview, and make the final decision. One way to ease up the procedure is to use a physician recruiter. Some recruitment firms specialize in hiring healthcare providers for healthcare organizations. Using their service has its pros and cons, and we listed some of them below.
The pros of using a recruitment firm
- Save time and effort. You don’t have to do the hard work as the recruitment firm will do it for you. They will talk to you to get a general idea of your company and what you are looking for. They will do the job postings for you, go through the candidates, and select those that best match your organization and your requirements. It will free up your time, so you can focus on doing other important tasks.
- Agencies are experienced in the hiring process. These agencies specialize in hiring staff. As long as you are dealing with a reputable firm experienced in hiring physicians and other healthcare providers, you are in good hands. Since this is their specialization, you can expect smooth transactions and the best result from them.
- Faster outcome. Because of their extensive experience in the industry, they know what to look for in a candidate. They could quickly tell who makes it to the cut. It would be challenging to do this if you are not a pro in this field. It can even be confusing and overwhelming if you need to go through a long list of applicants.
- Get the best candidates. Their knowledge and skills in the hiring process will ensure that they will find the best candidates for you. They will filter the candidates and give you those that are short-listed so that you can make the final decision. It’s still up to you if you decide to hire them or not, but you will have the cream of the crop among the applicants.
The cons of using a recruitment firm
- Agencies don’t have a full grasp of your company. Although they will talk to you to know more about your organization and your requirements, they will still not fully grasp your culture and process. They may get the finest candidates for you based on the information they know and the qualifications you set, but the best person to determine who will fit with your organization will be you.
- The candidates may also be given to other employers. Some agencies provide candidates as options to multiple companies. It could be that the person that you want to hire is also the applicant that the other organization wants to hire. You may end up competing for that candidate, and there is no assurance that the person will pick you.
- There is an added cost. Using a recruitment agency also means an added cost since you have to pay for their service. Make sure that it will be worth your money.
Weigh the pros and cons listed above. It will help you decide if using a recruitment agency is the best choice for hiring healthcare providers to join your company.
Throughout the year, our writers feature fresh, in-depth, and relevant information for our audience of 40,000+ healthcare leaders and professionals. As a healthcare business publication, we cover and cherish our relationship with the entire health care industry including administrators, nurses, physicians, physical therapists, pharmacists, and more. We cover a broad spectrum from hospitals to medical offices to outpatient services to eye surgery centers to university settings. We focus on rehabilitation, nursing homes, home care, hospice as well as men’s health, women’s heath, and pediatrics.