Today, photovoltaic modules, commonly known as solar panels, are used for different purposes: agriculture or manufacturing industry, private homes, or commercial buildings. Sunlight is a good alternative for fossil energy sources. A lot of householders all over the world install solar panel systems to become more energy independent and save money without negative effects on the environment. There are many options on the market for them. The choice among a 300 watt solar panel, 405w, or some other depends on the requirements and assignments of the user. A1 SolarStore is ready to help to decide which system is the most suitable and attend the whole process of its application.
What Is Solar Panel and How Does It Work?
PV cells are the basic elements of a solar panel. They catch sunlight and transfer it to the direct current due to the photovoltaic effect. Every cell produces about 4W of power (the amount of energy needed to charge a mobile phone). It is the reason why cells are mounted into the frames called modules. These modules, as usual, are also collected into panels. The system of panels is known as an array. The first commercial solar panel was created by Charles Fritts in 1881. Since that time, the technology of sunlight catching and converting has changed. Nowadays, there are two main types of solar panels: monocrystalline and polycrystalline. However, the industry continues to devise new options.
Monocrystalline solar panel
Polycrystalline solar panel
Main Characteristics of Solar Panels
Solar panels have some important features, which should be accounted for by a customer.
- Size. There are various PV modules with a different number of cells divisible by 12. More cells mean more place for installing. This fact can provide some problems with the choice. Qualified specialists may help to deal with them.
- Output. On the market, panels with a capacity of 30 to 440 watts are presented. An ordinary house needs near 1,000 watts every day. So, if the roof allows, it is better to install 3-5 panels with the average output. A user must remember about energy losses and take them into consideration.
- Productivity. Most solar panels have 17% – 23% efficiency. Exploitation can decrease this indicator. The best way to avoid additional expenses is to choose reliable PV modules by a steady producer and get a consultation from professionals.
There is one more necessary fact to say here – roof configuration and shades on it. It is not about panel characteristics. Though, these conditions will influence the choice of a particular type or model of the PV system.
Warranty and Additional Expenditures
Solar panels, like any other device, will need maintenance sometimes. A warranty guarantees a long-term working lifespan and skillful reparation if required. By choosing a reliable producer and installer, a customer will prevent extra expenditures.
Solar panels are not the only element of a solar system. Special inventor, battery, and digital meter are also needed. The set of PV modules includes all necessary wires to connect panels, but the system won’t work correctly without the supplies mentioned above.
To-Do List: How to Buy Solar Panels
If anybody decided to become more eco-friendly and energy independent by installing solar panels, there are a few steps to follow.
- Make a research about solar energy and the technology of its catching and converting. The more information an owner will know, the less unpredicted expenses will be.
- Choose a model of a solar panel that will be compliant with the requirements. It is better to make a list of preferred marks and types.
- Find a trusted producer and installer.
If you want to make the process as simple as possible, open the website of A1 SolarStore and request a consultation. Then, enjoy the high-class product and service.
Throughout the year, our writers feature fresh, in-depth, and relevant information for our audience of 40,000+ healthcare leaders and professionals. As a healthcare business publication, we cover and cherish our relationship with the entire health care industry including administrators, nurses, physicians, physical therapists, pharmacists, and more. We cover a broad spectrum from hospitals to medical offices to outpatient services to eye surgery centers to university settings. We focus on rehabilitation, nursing homes, home care, hospice as well as men’s health, women’s heath, and pediatrics.