High-quality standards and procedures regulate the ever-evolving healthcare industry. So, there’s an increasing demand to use state-of-the-art learning management systems (LMS) and eLearning tools to enhance the quality of training for medical specialists and employees.
The staff working in healthcare organizations is required to have continuous training on several medical technologies and trends. And, with the development of the healthcare sector, it has become compulsory for those working in critical healthcare departments to always stay updated with cutting-edge medical technologies.
Using online training software for the health industry has shown better performance in teaching practical and collaborative learning to healthcare professionals, employees or learners. Also, it’s proved to be an efficient, flexible and economical substitute to the current training environment.
A healthcare LMS is mainly designed to address the needs of medical institutes to ensure that the online training delivered fulfils their expectations.
In this article, you’ll discover some of the best healthcare learning management systems commercially available that provide user-friendly interface, value-added facilities, and inventive features.
Top 5 Healthcare Learning Management Systems
1. SkyPrep LMS
SkyPrep’s online LMS streamlines the user management process so that you can accomplish more in less time. You can automatically send emails and notifications, produce course completion certificates, create performance reports with just a few clicks, and more.
It allows white labelling so that you can add your logos and other branding elements on certificates and reports. Plus, it ensures that you are compliance-ready via robust reporting and analytics.
Some of the key features include:
● An intuitive and straightforward user interface that’s easy to navigate
● Robust course and content management
● Cutting-edge reporting and analytics with automated grading
● Customizable appearance and branding
● Tailored customer support
● Easy installation and setup with full mobile support
● Compliance management to implement the state-of-the-art compliance training requirements, such as for HIPAA and OSHA
2. Dokeos LMS
You can use this LMS to develop a bespoke online learning program to allow more flexibility and interactivity to train. It supports mobile integration so that your learners can enjoy on-demand access to the dashboard.
Plus, the multi-portals functionality lets you manage an intricate organization composed of numerous discrete sub-portals between them. You can allocate independent instructors and supervisors to manage these portals with tasks like adding/removing learners and assigning particular courses. You can also set the authorizations for specific groups and customize their access.
Some of the critical features of Dokeos LMS include:
● Full integration with all mobile platforms
● Customizable training elements
● Smooth transition of existing training resources
● Monitoring of learners performance
3. Docebo LMS
Docebo LMS offers extended enterprise functionality that’s becoming an essential requirement in the healthcare industry. It has a sharp focus on integration and apps and is fully mobile compatible.
You can use Docebo to organize, track and distribute lessons, supporting numerous formats such as xAPI, SCORM and AICC.
Some of Docebo’s notable features include:
● Collaborative functions between online trainees and learning
● Easy sharing of user-generated information from specialists
● Secure storage of content and user information behind a hardware firewall
● In-built reports to track learners’ training activities and to measure the ROI of your training program
4. Kallidus LMS
This LMS offers excellent compatibility and fully configured for use in the healthcare industry. It’s a well-established LMS that provides a full training suite that’s one of the most comprehensive in the market.
It supports blended learning so that you can get the best of both worlds with an intuitive classroom management system and effective online training delivery.
Some key features include:
● Interactive environment that stimulates trainees
● Quick view dashboard and team leader board
● Integration with social learning platforms like Facebook and Yammer, Microsoft outlook and your current HR Systems
● On-demand access anytime and anywhere
● Classroom events that allow users to book themselves onto classroom-based training events
● Available in more than twenty languages
5. Absentia LMS
This LMS is carefully designed to effortlessly blend the most cutting-edge online training technology with time-tested traditional learning methods. From full mobile compatibility to customizable user dashboards, to drag-and-drop dashboard widgets, Absentia makes it easy to train and collaborate with your employees on the go.
Its user interface is fully configurable and customizable via the admin control panel, including CSS and icon images on every page across the system.
Some important features include:
● Extensive multilingual support
● Compatibility with SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 and xAPI (AKA Tincan)
● Creation of learning paths to offer a directed sequence through several courses
● Customizable completion certificates and CEU tracking
● Ad-hoc reporting capabilities
With a healthcare learning management system, you can automate and systematize training across the entire organization. It helps you recognize the best talents among your medics, technicians and other healthcare staff. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that an LMS is a strategic way to maximize the quality of care and efficacy of your operations.
You can use an LMS to train your staff on various subjects, from patient management to data entry in a computer. You can create online courses and share them with your employees, who can access them from any device, at any time and from anywhere.
Thus, using an LMS saves medical and healthcare organizations a substantial amount of time and funds, while keeping your employees informed with the best industry practices.
Throughout the year, our writers feature fresh, in-depth, and relevant information for our audience of 40,000+ healthcare leaders and professionals. As a healthcare business publication, we cover and cherish our relationship with the entire health care industry including administrators, nurses, physicians, physical therapists, pharmacists, and more. We cover a broad spectrum from hospitals to medical offices to outpatient services to eye surgery centers to university settings. We focus on rehabilitation, nursing homes, home care, hospice as well as men’s health, women’s heath, and pediatrics.