There are some things they don’t mention about aging and Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is one of them.
With each birthday after 40, it’s natural for the sex hormones to stop raging so much. When this freak of nature occurs, it can cause other things to happen to the body such as hot flashes. To ease some of the symptoms, doctors prescribe creams, patches, pills, and gels, all containing estrogen or testosterone.
If you’re struggling with perimenopause, menopause, or andropause (male menopause), your doctor may recommend Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT). Before starting treatment, patients have an exam and get lab work to determine their hormone levels. If they find you have a deficiency or imbalance, your physician or physician’s assistant will plan the best course of medications. The exact dosage will help determine how you will administer pellet implants or other therapy.
Doctors specializing in bioidentical hormones encourage testosterone therapy for men who have a testosterone deficiency. This deficit is sometimes caused by a complication of the testicles, pituitary gland, or brain. Known as hypogonadism, this can cause men to lose body hair and muscle mass. More so, men lose interest in sex, experience depression, and loss of enthusiasm.
Once treatment begins, expect to see symptoms subside in approximately 30 days and an overall improvement in roughly 90-180 days.
BHRT Delivers Results
The benefits of bioidentical treatment for women new to it is they report feeling more in control of their lives, not just their bodies. Their sex drives are intact, they are thinking more clearly and have fewer headaches during their cycles.
Men are pretty happy about the benefits, too. They can focus more on things that matter and their sexual urges return to normal, and they too have fewer bouts with hormone-related depression.
After taking a round of blood tests to verify your hormone levels, they then insert the pellets and you should start to feel brand new! Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can improve the quality of life for men and women. Every patient is unique therefore so will their experience be different from the next person. Most of the people who attempt a natural method of wellness can expect to have some benefits from bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
Tips for Success with BHRT
- Having the right hormones at the right doses means everything to your therapy. Balancing your hormones is a work-in-process. If you take a dosage that’s over the requirements or if you take one you shouldn’t, it could present some problems that you don’t need.
- So, you’ve had a hysterectomy, and heard you don’t need to take progesterone. This is wrong, wrong, and more wrong! Don’t let anyone convince you of this myth. If you have had a hysterectomy, you should use both estrogen and progesterone. If you don’t take both, you’ll be setting yourself up for complications later.
- What you do helps to determine how you feel. If you are under a lot of stress and are only taking natural hormone therapy for support, then you’re wasting your time and money. It’s not going to be as effective as you may hope due to the overwhelming amount of stress.
- Plenty of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy physicians and users alike claim to have had great success with the progesterone in an oral form.If you’re thinking about the results of your neighbor, you should also know creams may not work for you. You have to consider we are all different and have different needs. There are many things to look at when prescribing hormonal treatments.
- You can be successful using bioidentical hormone therapy, but you must follow up with your physician and stick to the treatment plan. If you want your health to improve, there’s no prescription greater than your compliance.