Are you feeling insecure about wearing your two-piece bathing suit at the beach because you have stretch marks? Nearly all people experience stretch marks because of the stretching of their skin too quickly and too far. These marks can happen during pregnancy in women, during puberty, extreme muscle-building, and substantial weight gain.
The real causes of stretch marks are yet to be proven. However, several studies hinted of possible risk factors like substantial weight gain during pregnancy, high levels of steroid hormones in the body, and some medical conditions like Cushing disease.
Ways to Help Eliminate Stretch Marks
For years, several experts have tried to develop an effective solution to eradicate these marks. However, no treatment has shown to erase them. Some solutions have shown positive results in reducing the appearance of these marks. Here are some of them:
- Topical treatments
- Platelet-rich plasma with ultrasound
- Laser or light therapy
- Retinoic acid or Retin-A cream
- Cosmetic surgery
Tips to Avoid Stretch Marks
Stretch marks can affect all types of people and skin types. Here are some tips to avoid or reduce the possibility of having these marks:
- Keeping your skin hydrated by applying a moisturizer after bathing
- Applying appropriate sun protection when out in the sun
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle by eating nutritious foods, drinking plenty of water, and performing regular exercises
- Avoiding rapid weight gain or weight loss
Top 5 Stretch Mark Removal Creams in the Market
Several treatment options like stretch mark removal creams have shown potential in eliminating these marks. Here are some of them:
- ML Delicate Beauty Stretch Mark Cream – This stretch mark removal cream contains natural ingredients like Chenopodium quinoa seed extract to ensure your safety. Other benefits of the cream include reduced inflammation due to stress, softer and smoother skin, and advanced anti-aging capabilities.
- Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil – This multipurpose oil is an all-in-one massage, leave-in, and moisturizing agent. Aside from reducing stretch marks, its other proven benefits include preventing tan, burn marks, and skin discoloration.
- Botanic Tree Simply Organic Stretch Mark Removal Cream – This cream from Botanic Free contains the best ingredients like shea butter, moringa, avocado, and cocoa butter. Its unique plant extract ingredient called Centella Asiatica effectively reduces stretch marks while preventing new ones.
- CeraVe Intensive Stretch Marks Cream – This chemical-free cream contains argan oil, which is among the best skin fortifying oils in the market. The cream smoothens and plumps up your skin while reducing and preventing stretch marks.
- Amaira Advanced Scar Vanishing Cream – Amaira manufactures this cream from plant-based ingredients, so it is entirely safe and suitable for all skin types. Its ingredients like shea butter, B-glucan, and avocado are all proven in fortifying and repairing damaged skin to restore its natural glow.
Having stretch marks can significantly affect your self-esteem and self-confidence. Restore your confidence by keeping a positive attitude, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and using these safe, proven, and effective products.