Cisco’s world of technology provides multiple career opportunities for professionals. These options span across various IT fields ranging from networking to data center, security, cloud, and collaboration among others. Professionals are required to pass exams to acquire Cisco credentials in any of the available levels that comprise entry, associate, professional, expert, and architect levels. Among the most in-demand credentials issued by Cisco is the CCNP Routing and Switching (CCNP R&S) certification. It has three professional-level tests falling in the Cisco’s Network Professional category. Hence, the article below compiles the details of the exams, how you can pass them, and the job roles related to the above certification.
Cisco Exam Updates
Since Cisco is a leading IT vendor in networking for the Internet, it strives to equip candidates with the most relevant skills and knowledge. Most Cisco exams, including the CCNP R&S badge, will be replaced by February 24, 2019, thus candidates will be taking new exams starting from this date. Candidates are free to take and pass the current exams untilFebruary, 23. This will enable them to earn credits for what they’ve had completed when the new exams’ form will be launched. The current professional CCNP R&S credential will have the CCNP Enterprise certification as the replacement. So, this is the right time for you to go for the CCNP R&S tests as it will be easier to move into the new plan once it’s in place.
CCNP Routing & Switching Certification Overview
The CCNP R&S certification assesses candidates’ skills and knowledge to implement, plan, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area company’s networks and cooperate with specialists on high-tech voice, security, wireless, and video solutions.
CCNP Exam Prerequisites
The CCNP exams’ mandatory preliminary condition is holding the Cisco CCNA R&S certification or any Cisco CCIE certification.
CCNP R&S Exams
There are three exams candidates must take to earn the CCNP R&S credential. Each of them comes with questions including multiple choices, simulations, drag-and-drops, and fill-in-the-blanks. Below you can find the exams’ details:
1. 300-101 ROUTE
The exam certifies that a candidate has routing skills and knowledge, is also proficient in advanced IP addressing as well as routing while implementing highly secure and scalable Cisco routers linked to LANs, WANs, as well as IPv6.
Comprising 45-65 questions, 300-101 exam tests knowledge of network-related principles, infrastructure security, VPN technologies, Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies, and Infrastructure services. The test lasts 2 hours.
2. 300-115 SWITCH
A candidate’s switching knowledge is what this exam certifies. It determines whether you understand how to plan, configure, and verify the execution of complex business switching solutions that utilize the Enterprise Campus Architecture by Cisco. The test with 45 to 55 questions qualifies a candidate for proficiency in Layer 2 technologies, Infrastructure services, and security. You need to complete all the questions within 120 minutes.
3. 300-135 TSHOOT
The TSHOOT exam includes 15-25 questions. It determines if a candidate has the understanding and skills in regular planning and maintenance of the complex business routed and switched networks, using technology-based methods and practices, and utilizing structured ITIL-compliant methods in troubleshooting networks. The exam covers topics like network principles, VPN technologies, Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies, infrastructure services, and security. It has a 2-hour duration as well.
CCNP R&S Exams Preparation with Cisco Study Materials
You can meet your target of passing the CCNP R&S exams and become a network engineer expert if you study properly. Accordingly,you can confidently use Cisco’s learning resources to go deeper into the topics for each of the CCNP exams:
• Stride forward with your tests’ preparation with self-learning materials that allow for rich and various options: becoming a member of the CCNP R&S study group, benefiting from IT training videos and seminars, and enjoying the comprehensive Cisco Platinum Learning Library.
• E-learning solution proposed by Cisco opens up Implementing IP Routing (ROUTE) v2.0, Implementing IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) v2.0, and Troubleshooting and Maintaining IP Networks (TSHOOT) v2.0. All these e-learning options are enriched by video training, self-paced learning, and impressive labs, and imply the 365-days access and a free trial version.
• Try on your newly gained expertise with these hands-on learning labs and practice exams, completed by Virtual Internet Routing Lab (VIRL PE), Packet Tracer and Binary Game.
Training Materials by PrepAway to Help You Master the CCNP R&S Exams
- Opt for impressive possibility to pass the exam with PrepAway CCNP R&S Premium Bundle just for $89.98! You can also taste training sets for each of the 3 exams, but consider taking the complete package to save money. Each exam bundle includes a premium file, a study guide, and a training course.
- Alternatively, take the chance to train with free exam dumps for each of the three tests and get proficient in all your networking topics!
- Don’t miss the great option to benefit from free 100-105 exam dumps! These essential study materials will help you lay the profound ground for your CCNP R&S tests preparation and let you win the Cisco qualifying battle!
- Last but not least, check out the real ETE test simulator designed by Vumingo team. It helps to open ete files and has been created with customized exam-taking mode, test editor with preview function, and many more options. Feel confident and well-vetted for the tests using such a great preparation option!
Job Roles, Job Outlook and Salaries for the CCNP R&S Exams
Apart from passing your exams and earning your CCNP R&S credential, the purpose of the exams is to get you ready for actual roles in the job market. You’ll be involved in integrating computers, routers, switching systems, firewalls, mobile devices, and printers into an organization’s enterprise networks. The CCNP R&S exams prepare you to become a distinguished networking professional who can perform the following roles:
- Network Engineer
- Senior Network Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Chief Information Officer
- Network Specialist
The impressive fact is that the expected annual average salary for a networking engineer, according to Payscale, is $93K up!
The CCNP R&S exams will equip you with the right capacities in your routing and switching position. Sure, being successful in your network or systems engineer role would depend on how you approach the CCNP exams’ preparation. So, don’t wait to get full coverage of the Cisco and PrepAwaytraining options and get mastery of the qualifying networking skills!